Deavers for the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn't have a bump stop, he is still OEM. You can see the rubber foam bump still attached to the frame.

Yes, but the factory block has a tab on it for the bump stop. When you install the Deavers, you remove the block. Without a new bump stop strike plate, you'll alter the point that the suspension bottom out.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No bumpstop pad?

Ya i getting a bumpstop. Still deciding which one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Yes, but the factory block has a tab on it for the bump stop. When you install the Deavers, you remove the block. Without a new bump stop strike plate, you'll alter the point that the suspension bottom out.
all the aftermarket bumpstops have the deaver+3 accounted for as an option when ordering the bumpstop it adjusts for the increase

i did all my homework. will be done right or will be full blown redneck. either way will get'er done

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wrapped up my RPG stage 3 install with Deaver+3.....to sum up the install....I wont ever be doing that again lol. No seriously the install blows hard.

Wont get to try it till next week, have to drop my front coilovers to a shop on Monday so they can install my Eibach springs.

Keep us posted on both rears and fronts

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both are finished and in my build thread.
did u cut off the excess u bolt ? i have like 2.5"+ of bolt past nut hanging down.

edited, i cut those ******* off. ginder wheel made quick work of those bolts. 15seconds each zipped them right off.

Last edited:

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe its the added bump stop plate but I have maybe an inch on the end of mine, I just left them.
did u have to grind off that little abs wire bracket that the strike plate goes by or on top ?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Maybe its the added bump stop plate but I have maybe an inch on the end of mine, I just left them.
or maybe rpg gave u better fitting u bolts. mine came from deaver direct so they might be different

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did u have to grind off that little abs wire bracket that the strike plate goes by or on top ?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

or maybe rpg gave u better fitting u bolts. mine came from deaver direct so they might be different

Nope, my wire was able to wrap around it.
Hardware came from deaver.

Dunno...

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my +3s in this week. I can repeat what I said after installing them on my '12... best mod for these trucks, hands down. Bigger price tag for what they are, but worth it.

With my bedrack, and after out last trip, my stock leafs had sagged quite a bit. I'm now back up to stock height with all the gear in bed. May settle some still, and still don't have my rear winch mounted but hoped for a slight front high stance. Currently perfectly level with 3" collars @ a little over 42" fender to ground in all corners. I did get the rear shackles to drop the rear, but held off installing to see how much it settles and keep the cushier ride for the time being

97EF548A-0FC5-4542-A42F-E33FE5F21208_zpsiqlv9pcp.jpg

68097F31-E409-48EA-8F11-E03C5AD936FB_zps210zaqjs.jpg