Deavers for the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The longer shackle allows for more articulation/droop travel. The con for a street truck would be increase stiffness out back. An aftermarket shackle will likely have nicer poly bushing in there as well

ScorchedEarth

Reaction score
Spoke with king yesterday, they strongly urge the use of limiting straps to keep everything in check. The extended length of the rear is 31.1” so when i get my +3 and drop shackle il compare droop travel numbers with the stock shock and see how much extra i was able to squeeze...

Motohead84

Reaction score
Just a quick question from a guy new to Raptors. With the Deaver +3, I assume the Factory Shocks still work as far as length?

John Tamasi

Reaction score
If you get the +3 devers do you have to get a new bump stop set up? The ones I looked at we almost as expensive as the devers themselves?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you get the +3 devers do you have to get a new bump stop set up? The ones I looked at we almost as expensive as the devers themselves?

It's ideal if you can or plan to use the truck hard. If not you can get new strike pads for the stock bumps.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

At a minimum you want to replace what you removed. The stock setup has a 2" block under the leafs. On the inside of that there is a bump pad. If you look directly above that there is a rubber foam bump stop attached to the frame. When you install Deavers, you remove the 2" block thus removing the stock pad for that foam bump to hit. If you cannot afford a full bump stop kit then we always recommend to our customers to get something to replace it. We sell the SDHQ one at this time and include it as a bundled price.
https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections...ts/17-current-ford-raptor-sdhq-built-bump-pad

If you do not do this, there is a possibility to compress the springs more than intended and thus sack or damage the Deavers, or even damage the shocks by compressing them more than they are intended. Even though we haven't seen it, you could rip off the stock shock mounts under enough force.

Cropdoc

Reaction score
My 750 lb atv sagged my rear 4". So I had Deavers build me a set of powder coated springs for 650 lb of weight. They kinda look like +3's.
Took out the factory block & bump stop and bought sdhq's bump stop.
It raised the rear 2.5" over stock and now it only sags 2". I installed RPG 1.5" perch collars in the front and it raised the front 1". The truck rides and handles better than ever, loaded or empty. Has bit of a rake when empty. No mush, no sway. Previous to this, at 100 mph this truck was totally unstable and was a death wish !!
Also have it aligned with loaded atv, which I always do. Been running Deavers for 16 yrs.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The longer shackle allows for more articulation/droop travel. The con for a street truck would be increase stiffness out back.

That has not been my experience...the rear got more compliant with a longer shackle...big difference on my last trk...

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 37 nitro grapplers on my gen2 and they’re rubbing the inner rear fender badly, so bad that the fender is popping out of the knuckle. Anyways, I was told the Deaver +3 would fix the issue. Now I hate the back end being higher than the front. I have the 3.5 inch rpg collar up front, would I be leveled or would the rear end still be taller ? Also how’s the ride with the Deaver +3 with no weight in the back?