Deaver with Eibach or SVC Coil Adjustment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slater,

Thanks for taking the time to add the picture. I am all stock except for the SVC ABS. right now the back is higher than the front, I want to go level or slightly front end high, but I don't want 2" higher (I think). I know Eibach products have always been top notch, but I was hoping to be able to go 1" or so. I was hoping the combo would get me there, but looking at your picture I might only be able to drop it down about 1/4" to maybe 1/2" (lift of 1.5 to 1.75")

looking at it a little more, I may be able to machine the locking rings down to make them a little thinner, giving me some more room for adjustment.

slater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember I had somewhat worn out 2018 blue shocks...so my difference between those and the 2019 orange Live Valve with RPG LV delete kit could be more than what you would experience. Worn Old shock Vs New could create a variable. I am pretty sure you can go very mild the the SVC CAS.

Lap5

Reaction score
So I just bought an avalanche grey 2017 Raptor. It is pristine clean and I purchased over the internet. I ordered a pair of eibach springs ($300 delivered). The truck arrived and I discovered it has Deaver + 2 in the rear and SVC CAS in the front (nice surprise since the dealership didn't know what they had). With that said the truck sits almost level perhaps 1/2' lower in front without adjusting SVC CAS. I rarely go offroad and when I do it is light. A couple questions:
1.) I'm tempted to leave the setup as is but am curious to the wear on the front end from SVC CAS versus Eibach??? (I dont want to quickly wear out the front like traditional spacers are know for).
2.) If I leave as is, anyone want a set of eibach's?

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally saw a video on Youtube that showed a guy putting Eibachs in with the SVC adjusters. After all was said and done he head the adjusters backed all the way down and the front was sitting a little higher than the rear with +3 Deavers (2" block removed).

I always thought I wanted the front to not be so high, as I drive on mountain roads a lot, I wanted to keep the center of gravity low. After installing the King Shocks EOM set up, 600# spring, that lifted the truck about 3", I determined that the front being up there is actually OK, especially with the heavier spring.

I really need to test how it works in the whoops, if I don't bottom out any more in the front I will leave the setup as is.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get a hydraulic bump stop for the back before you get front springs or collars, if you off road

Lap5

Reaction score
As mentioned, I do not off road much at all and if/when I do its very light. My main question is: Do the SVC CAS wear out the front end components more so than eibach springs would? I am going with one or the other. Fact is the vehicle came with SVC CAS already installed so I am leaning on keeping as is unless there is some major downfall to the SVC CAS compared to the Eibach springs. The rear on this truck will stay as is with deaver +2. Thanks

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, the CAS will not wear out the front end (I’m assuming you’re referring to ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.) because the CAS and other perch collar systems preload the factory spring just as adjusting a coilover shock would, the suspension geometry is unaffected. This is different than a cheap “lift kit” that uses spacers, changes the geometry, and pushes everything down. Any system that allows the suspension to go outside the factory travel range will wear front end components.

Lap5

Reaction score
No, the CAS will not wear out the front end (I’m assuming you’re referring to ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.) because the CAS and other perch collar systems preload the factory spring just as adjusting a coilover shock would, the suspension geometry is unaffected. This is different than a cheap “lift kit” that uses spacers, changes the geometry, and pushes everything down. Any system that allows the suspension to go outside the factory travel range will wear front end components.
Thank you BoostCreep, that is what I needed to know. I am going to leave the SVC CAS and Deaver +2 (both were a surprise when the truck arrived). I will try to return the eibach's.

Terp

Reaction score
I'm going SVC and Deavers +3. Delivery comes Friday.
How do you like this setup? I'm getting a quote for Eibachs/Deaver +3 HD and the SVC bump kit right now but have been torn between what to really do on the front end. I feel like the adjustability of the SVC CAS will be nice, but I'm curious about the performance difference between the two options too.

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly I missed my only
Opportunity since I changed the suspension to go off roading (my kid wasnt feeling well) so I can’t give an accurate assessment. On the street very little difference from stock except worse turning radius but I did change to 35’s too. Hope to get off road soon.