Deaver spring under springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you asking about adding a leaf to the stock set of springs for towing from deaver?

If so My brother has a set that should be here today and hope to install this week. He will be towing this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BADASSRAPTOR

Reaction score
Are you asking about adding a leaf to the stock set of springs for towing from deaver?

If so My brother has a set that should be here today and hope to install this week. He will be towing this weekend.

Did you/your brother ever install that add-a-leaf kit to existing Raptor rear suspension?
What brand was it? What height was gained? Any change in ride quality?

Also, your R1 BBK looks mighty nice! Especially at the $4k price point (6 piston) for front/rear.
Where did you buy them? How much was the 8P/6P set?
Is there a big improvement in braking? Would you recommend it?

Thanks

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you/your brother ever install that add-a-leaf kit to existing Raptor rear suspension?

What brand was it? What height was gained? Any change in ride quality?

Also, your R1 BBK looks mighty nice! Especially at the $4k price point (6 piston) for front/rear.

Where did you buy them? How much was the 8P/6P set?

Is there a big improvement in braking? Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Yes sir he went with a stock spring pack that deaver made for him. I went with the +2HD. Deaver added two additional leafs to his and it added maybe half an inch and only squats a little under one inch with 500lb tongue weight and he said ride is unchanged. We both also added camburg mig shackles.

The R1 kit is amazing I can’t recommend it enough and they have a kit that should fit every wheel size. The templates Rick sent me are easy to use to see what caliper and rotor will fit your wheels. I can’t get a single person to weigh the Alcon kit but at each corner with my R1 BBK it’s 8.6-9lbs lighter than stock. The R1 six piston is a touch over 7lbs on my scale.

Contact rick@freedommotorsports he can send you all the info you need.

My set up was a bit more because of the eight piston and much larger rotors, still $1k less than Alcon if you already have aftermarket wheels.