Deaver powdercoating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI, I had a talk with Steve at Deavers years ago about anodizing, he said it would be cost prohibitive.
But I bet with some research you might be able to find a local steel place that does zinc plating and anodizing.
I never looked into it myself, I just spray my springs with wire rope lube every few months works for me.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI, I had a talk with Steve at Deavers years ago about anodizing, he said it would be cost prohibitive.
But I bet with some research you might be able to find a local steel place that does zinc plating and anodizing.
I never looked into it myself, I just spray my springs with wire rope lube every few months works for me.
What is this? "wire rope lube", never heard of this.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMG_20150515_240419_925.jpg

It's what we use on all of are crane hoisting cables.

It's salt and chemical resistant and does not attract dirt.

I use that shit on everything, door locks, door lock cylinders, pad locks,
I threw every can of WD 40 in garbage, it's not a lube it's a nut buster cleaning solution.

My avatar picture is when I power wash the springs, power air dry and spray up.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How come? I couldn't imagine going back to stock springs.
I don't off road or tow but the Deavers are a must for better street handling, IMHO.
Just because the OP was going back to stock and later on he was going to upgrade and he was questioning his reasoning, so i thought why bother if he is just driving to starbucks. Your truck needs it for axle hop, I have them as well for other reasons too. I agree they are worth the money!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just because the OP was going back to stock and later on he was going to upgrade and he was questioning his reasoning, so i thought why bother if he is just driving to starbucks. Your truck needs it for axle hop, I have them as well for other reasons too. I agree they are worth the money!
OK, I didn't read the OP, just jumped right on in, sorry, sorry.

Actually I upgraded to the Nationals before being Supercharged back in 2011.
I couldn't drive here in pothole city with the stock springs unless I air down to 20 psi. basically.
Then when I SC early 2012, I broke two sets of Nationals, switched to Deavers broke them and they made me a custom HD set.
And still didn't 100% stop wheel hop.
I now have traction bars and will go back to SD Deavers for smoother ride.

Last edited:

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my Deavers locally powdered and they have started flaking off. Now I just cleaned them really good and spray them with Rustoleum every so often. I figure when they flex a lot, nothing will stay on. Anodizing or something similar would be nice.