Deaver HD question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nick, my 2017 screw suspension is all stock. I installed the Cobb stage 2 last summer. On the bed I have a custom steel rack on top of my Pace Edward roller cover with accessories (4 Trax pros, 4 Gal of Rotopax’s, ax, recovery gears) comes camping season I will put my iKamper sky camp on the rack along with camping gears. Here’s my question: first of all, all those gear comes off when I’m not camping except for the bed rack and what I keep inside the bed ( bins of tie downs, bin of recovery gears). This is my Daly drivers. What should I get for the back so it won’t sag, thinking of the Deaver +3 HD? But I don’t want to be ass high and a rough ride when all the gear comes off. Do they squeak after the install? If they make noise, is there anything i could do to prevent that? I have install add a leaf on my last taco and the squeak drove me crazy.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick, my 2017 screw suspension is all stock. I installed the Cobb stage 2 last summer. On the bed I have a custom steel rack on top of my Pace Edward roller cover with accessories (4 Trax pros, 4 Gal of Rotopax’s, ax, recovery gears) comes camping season I will put my iKamper sky camp on the rack along with camping gears. Here’s my question: first of all, all those gear comes off when I’m not camping except for the bed rack and what I keep inside the bed ( bins of tie downs, bin of recovery gears). This is my Daly drivers. What should I get for the back so it won’t sag, thinking of the Deaver +3 HD? But I don’t want to be ass high and a rough ride when all the gear comes off. Do they squeak after the install? If they make noise, is there anything i could do to prevent that? I have install add a leaf on my last taco and the squeak drove me crazy.

What kind of weight do you think you have all-in with that setup? 400lbs? If so, you'll be goo with Deaver +3HD in my opinion. All leaf springs squeak, even OEM. It's the nature of the beast unfortunately. Once crud gets in the leaf packs, t's just a battle of hitting it with some sort of a lubricant to minimize the sound.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+3HD deavers on 2019 here. I have the rpg rack with two spares and the svc bump stop kit. Front is stock. Back sits an inch higher and I feel the ride is way better than stock. Does not feel any stiffer with the weight I currently have in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get them? And did you need anything else other than the springs? I'm looking at going the same way... Thanks for any help!

Jurasick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally ordered from stage 3 Motorsports but waited over a month for them to ship. Deaver had to make them. Talked to Jeff at SVC and they had some in stock. He shipped them out to me right away. I went ahead and got their bump stop kit. You will need either a bump stop kit or an adapter since the deavers remove the block that has the bump stop strike plate on them. I have the camburg bumpstop stop extenders still new in box that I’m looking to sell. You wont need anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotStock

Reaction score
+4.5 HDs here with 2 inch extended shackles. Rides really nice with two spares and a rack (just a spare carrier, no bypass rack yet)