Deaver/eibach combo ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sure wish someone could post a how to video of the recalibration. I just installed the eibachs and I’m having the same problem. The shop I used has ids, but has never done the recalibration before. Anyone in the Houston Tx area have any luck with a shop / dealer that’s done it?

The issue is, this is not a common service procedure for techs at a dealership. Live valve shocks have only been out for two years and until recently, only people very knowledgeable about modifying Raptors knew about doing this after the spring mod. It’s literally a 5 minute procedure after booking up the tool. Restores proper shock function after its done.

Somebody had a very detailed post a few months back about the procedure. Try searching for it. You can take this to the dealer and most techs can then sort it out.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I was able to get my stock tune back and verified it. Once I need my oil change I'm going to try it again. At least my dealership is now familiar with the process. I was surprised they were willing to try it. They said it was good for them to learn in case they ever run into it in the future.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I sure wish someone could post a how to video of the recalibration. I just installed the eibachs and I’m having the same problem. The shop I used has ids, but has never done the recalibration before. Anyone in the Houston Tx area have any luck with a shop / dealer that’s done it?
Agreed, I wish we could do it ourselves.

Greg Campbell

Reaction score
SOLVED:

2019 w/ Eibachs. After dealing with too many ding dongs I bought a Ford Rotunda VCM3 VCI and when running the latest Ford IDS software I was able to quickly initiate the Ride Height Calibration Service Procedure for the Live Valve Sensors connected to the VDM module located in the IDS menu:
[Chassis>>Suspension>>Ride Height Calibration]
Done deal, rides squishy again, I’m in the SoCal area if anyone needs assistance. Check the before and after photos below using Forscan for live readings.

-G.
234D2380-0400-410C-B4A1-0C9684688610.jpeg 353CD3F2-7BB5-4949-B9C3-45C8B6609A79.jpeg

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
SOLVED:

2019 w/ Eibachs. After dealing with too many ding dongs I bought a Ford Rotunda VCM3 VCI and when running the latest Ford IDS software I was able to quickly initiate the Ride Height Calibration Service Procedure for the Live Valve Sensors connected to the VDM module located in the IDS menu:
[Chassis>>Suspension>>Ride Height Calibration]
Done deal, rides squishy again, I’m in the SoCal area if anyone needs assistance. Check the before and after photos below using Forscan for live readings.

-G.
View attachment 164204 View attachment 164205
I'm in SoCal and I'd be interested. I think the feature is coming to Forscan as well.

Greg Campbell

Reaction score
SOLVED/UPDATE:

After doing some more research today, I discovered that the latest version of Forscan (v2.3.39) now features the Ride Height Calibration Service Procedure! Location in Forscan: [Service Functions>>Service Procedures>>Ride Height Calibration]

Since this is a low cost option there's no need for a VCM3 anymore to accomplish this, which I'm sure this community will appreciate!

Happy Calibrating,
Greg

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the rears adjustable? I just installed my +3 hd deavers and I am 1.5” taller in the rear.

No, they are not. Throw some weight back there a put a few miles on them to see if they settle. If not, add a 1” drop shackle and then you’ll have a 0.5” rake.

zx14teryx

Reaction score
No, they are not. Throw some weight back there a put a few miles on them to see if they settle. If not, add a 1” drop shackle and then you’ll have a 0.5” rake.
The rake is ok, I know they will settle once I pull the trailer, I was just wondering if I needed to tell the shocks a new ride height.