Deaver/eibach combo ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys my dealer can get to the screen but when they perform the calibration they get an error message saying it can't complete calibration? Any ideas. My truck has a Cobb Tune that I removed before I taking it in. Apparently the trucks PCM is not taking the calibration. Maybe @FordTechOne can me help me out. I have the Fox Racing Series 3.0 maybe those don't require calibration? Any help would be great before I pick it up

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

I think your in a whole different ball game. I don’t think those shocks talk to the truck at all. Shouldn’t need a reset for them, but not sure if there is any benefit otherwise to having your ride height calibrated. The VDM may use other data from the height sensors, like stability control but that’s beyond what I can answer.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
The calibration is in the VDM, not PCM, so your tune is not likely related unless there are DTCs setting. Are there any DTCs in the VDM?

Also, do the Fox Racing Series 3.0 even have solenoids? I thought the damping was manually adjustable via a knob.
yes mine have the solenoids with Live Valve, the dealer said they reset the PCM to see if that would help, but I'm not sure what they are seeing since I'm just going off what the service advisor told me. Advisor says when the tech tried to reset, they got an error saying "unable to perform calibration" if I remember correctly.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I think your in a whole different ball game. I don’t think those shocks talk to the truck at all. Shouldn’t need a reset for them, but not sure if there is any benefit otherwise to having your ride height calibrated. The VDM may use other data from the height sensors, like stability control but that’s beyond what I can answer.
Another member here on the forum was able to get his calibrated. I added preload to mine and have a 2inch lift over stock, which is why I wanted the height sensors reset. Frustrating.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
UPDATE: Dealer whoever "flashed it last" shows it's a 2019 and they think that why the vehicle may not be accepting the calibration. The service advisor went through the steps and it sounded like they know how to perform cal, because it starts to perform the calibration but then error's out. "unable to complete calibration". The PCM shows its a 2019 vehicle and the truck is a 2020, but has the correct vin number. Now I worried that the tune it had from Cobb/Winfield may have thrown something off. I know this is bit off topic, but I noticed the truck Auto/Start Stop is not working after I went back to stock. That's not right, I never had it disabled before or after tune.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE: Dealer whoever "flashed it last" shows it's a 2019 and they think that why the vehicle may not be accepting the calibration. The service advisor went through the steps and it sounded like they know how to perform cal, because it starts to perform the calibration but then error's out. "unable to complete calibration". The PCM shows its a 2019 vehicle and the truck is a 2020, but has the correct vin number. Now I worried that the tune it had from Cobb/Winfield may have thrown something off. I know this is bit off topic, but I noticed the truck Auto/Start Stop is not working after I went back to stock. That's not right, I never had it disabled before or after tune.

That is definitely not good, it sounds like the calibration that the tuner loaded to return to stock may have an issue. IDS can overwrite the existing cal and reprogram the PCM back to factory; I would suggest that the dealer does that before moving forward. It’s called “blank path programming”, there is a specific procedure that needs to be followed.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
That is definitely not good, it sounds like the calibration that the tuner loaded to return to stock may have an issue. IDS can overwrite the existing cal and reprogram the PCM back to factory; I would suggest that the dealer does that before moving forward. It’s called “blank path programming”, there is a specific procedure that needs to be followed.
Thanks for the reply. I'm taking vehicle back and going to run leave the stock tune for now. I need the oil changed in about month anyhow and I'll have them try again. I just tuned it back to the factory tune last night and took it in this morning it could be the ECU just needs time to relearn it's settings. Cobb said I can try to program the vehicle back again and then the stock program again. Cobb says the ECU needs some time to "relearn"

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Called Cobb and talked to them about this and it looks like my tune did not complete. I have to uninstall again. See attached picture and note vehicle year. I think that is what the dealer was seeing.

Capture.JPG

monzac

Reaction score
I sure wish someone could post a how to video of the recalibration. I just installed the eibachs and I’m having the same problem. The shop I used has ids, but has never done the recalibration before. Anyone in the Houston Tx area have any luck with a shop / dealer that’s done it?