Deaver/eibach combo ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I will probably bring them down a bit that is where the dealer had them at when I bought it and I just never bothered messing around with air pressures yet
What do you run at?

Many run 36F/34R and so have I. It works well. You have Deavers also, so your back should be planted even better.

I bounced home from the dealer over every bump as they left the tires at the 45psi transport pressure. I was doubting the truck even though I was excited to be driving it home LOL. Oh happy times. Tire pressure is so crucial in the setup of this truck.

RexusRaptor

Reaction score
2020 Ford Raptor: Eibach and Icon leaf
Height recalibration needed???
Just had these front and rear springs installed. I was looking online and found a thread that said have the dealer do a Height Recalibration on the Live Valve shocks to reset the zero.
I went into ForScan and found the VDM that shows the shock heights. On level ground I had:
L/F: 58.00mm
L/R: 3.00mm
R/F: 57.00mm
R/R: 3.00mm

From what I have seen the front should read Zero 0.00mm st ride height on a level surface. This extra height is due to the lift from the Eibach springs.
Is there anyway to reset this without the dealer and IDS?

What took me down this road is off and on road the ride is harsh. Some bumps it wants to take the steering wheel out of my hand and others it was smooth as a cloud. I know the springs take time to “settle” but this isn’t a settle issue.
Also since mine is reading so much higher than most with the Eibach spring install wondering if I’m going to have issues with doing the ride height recalibration?
Thanks all

zx14teryx

Reaction score
Just had these front and rear springs installed. I was looking online and found a thread that said have the dealer do a Height Recalibration on the Live Valve shocks to reset the zero.
I went into ForScan and found the VDM that shows the shock heights. On level ground I had:

From what I have seen the front should read Zero 0.00mm st ride height on a level surface. This extra height is due to the lift from the Eibach springs.

What took me down this road is off and on road the ride is harsh. Some bumps it wants to take the steering wheel out of my hand and others it was smooth as a cloud. I know the springs take time to “settle” but this isn’t a settle issue.
Also since mine is reading so much higher than most with the Eibach spring install wondering if I’m going to have issues with doing the ride height recalibration?
Thanks all
Looks like the dealer added 20 mm. The eibachs should read in the 30-40 mm range. After re-cal my fronts are .03 mm.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks all

As @zx14teryx mentioned you should be sitting in the 30mm+ range. Your way high, almost double up front. If the springs are installed correctly and seated properly top and bottom, I am suspecting the shocks are stuck at an extended height. There is another member with the same issue. Otherwise can’t imagine outside of a faulty manufactured spring height, what would cause this.

You can only check the ride height measurements in the VDS with Forscan. Otherwise an IDS is needed to perform the recalibration. A dealer or a good truck shop that has Raptor experience will be familiar with this. Most dealers you will ha e to explain it to them. It’s about a 5 minute procedure.

Your ride shouldn’t be that bad even before the recalibration normally. But your front shocks sound as if they are valved prematurely a couple of clicks too stiff.

zx14teryx

Reaction score
Ok, so now I want to add the Deaver leafs. What I want is the soft ride of the stock. I want to go plus 3, get rid of the block and end up 1” higher in back than front.( I have eibachs up front).
Here is my dilemma, I tow a boat with about 500+# tongue weight 4 miles to the ramp 2-3 times a month. With stock springs all around, the truck would sit level with trailer connected, with the front eibachs, I’m squatting a lot. Should I go with SD or HD Deavers? I’m afraid the HD will ruin unloaded ride. I don’t want the ride of. 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck,. Those of you with +3 SD, does the spring stiffin up sooner than the stockers?
Also, what are the hot ticket for new bump stop plates?

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just quoting myself for comparison purposes. After Eibach/Deaver install my front ride heights went up to 27mm and 30mm.

Now need to get into a dealer that will reset the ride height.

453b6b970a9dea9f812cc6000bf5f02f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just quoting myself again with the updated measurements after the ride height reset. Now back to about 0.

92f57c68f3d45cdb6b8f1dbc5026284d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Hey guys my dealer can get to the screen but when they perform the calibration they get an error message saying it can't complete calibration? Any ideas. My truck has a Cobb Tune that I removed before I taking it in. Apparently the trucks PCM is not taking the calibration. Maybe @FordTechOne can me help me out. I have the Fox Racing Series 3.0 maybe those don't require calibration? Any help would be great before I pick it up

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys my dealer can get to the screen but when they perform the calibration they get an error message saying it can't complete calibration? Any ideas. My truck has a Cobb Tune that I removed before I taking it in. Apparently the trucks PCM is not taking the calibration. Maybe @FordTechOne can me help me out. I have the Fox Racing Series 3.0 maybe those don't require calibration? Any help would be great before I pick it up

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

The calibration is in the VDM, not PCM, so your tune is not likely related unless there are DTCs setting. Are there any DTCs in the VDM?

Also, do the Fox Racing Series 3.0 even have solenoids? I thought the damping was manually adjustable via a knob.