Deaver/eibach combo ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Welp had no idea about this reset. Just got my Eibachs installed on my 19’.

Guess I’ll be heading to the dealer for the reset when I can. They def feel stiffer which I don’t prefer.

Clinsta

Reaction score
I'm going to be getting new cameras installed in my 20 SCREW tomorrow at the dealership and considering I have installed the Eibachs, I figured I would have them calibrate the ride height. When I mentioned this over the phone, I was told they have never heard of this process. To be in a better position to explain what needs to be done, I have taken some notes to discuss with the service manager. Please let me know if this is the most accurate way to explain this:
1. When the Eibach springs were installed, it effectively altered the front ride height which has a direct impact on the front shocks functionality because the VDM is interpreting the sensor readings as shocks are in a constant state of full extension.
2. The vehicle needs to have an IDS service routine completed to put the VDM into a training mode at which point it will record the ride height values. The value will be more than likely be in the 30mm range but needs to be reset to 0mm.
If I have left anything out here, I would appreciate your feedback.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting new cameras installed in my 20 SCREW tomorrow at the dealership and considering I have installed the Eibachs, I figured I would have them calibrate the ride height. When I mentioned this over the phone, I was told they have never heard of this process. To be in a better position to explain what needs to be done, I have taken some notes to discuss with the service manager. Please let me know if this is the most accurate way to explain this:
1. When the Eibach springs were installed, it effectively altered the front ride height which has a direct impact on the front shocks functionality because the VDM is interpreting the sensor readings as shocks are in a constant state of full extension.
2. The vehicle needs to have an IDS service routine completed to put the VDM into a training mode at which point it will record the ride height values. The value will be more than likely be in the 30mm range but needs to be reset to 0mm.
If I have left anything out here, I would appreciate your feedback.

Yeah that’s a good rundown. I can still see service advisor heads going ****! Hopefully they have a good tech or two. Let us know how it goes and how you interpret the ride after it’s done.

Clinsta

Reaction score
I picked up my truck late yesterday afternoon. The technician said it took 5 minutes to calibrate and was appreciative of the info I brought in to help get it done. I noticed the difference immediately in the way the truck feels. I had put around 8k miles on the truck since the Eibachs were installed and I would say a third of those miles were off road. Frontend definitely feels smoother on bumps, cattle guards, railroad crossings, and rocks. It's still more firm than the factory ride which is good for me, but nothing like it was prior to the calibration. The best part is they didn't charge anything to do it.
If you have installed the Eibachs you haven't had the ride height calibration done, I'd highly recommend it!!

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealership has no clue and it took me talking to the GM to get them to do some research.

For those of you that had it done at a dealership, do you mind sharing which dealership you went to and the name of the tech and/or service advisor?

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup when you get down to it, the procedure is a whopping 5 mins to do. Ride restored! I got a song and a dance at the dealer. Made an appointment at another, but I’m sure the advisor had no clue ams I’d be stuck explaining the whole thing later when I go. Luckily another local member on the forum used a truck performance shop for his Eibach installs. This shop has done lots of extensive work on Raptors and he does the reset after each install. Needless to say 50 bucks and 5 mins I was reset.

Call around and find a truck performance shop in the know and get it done there. Most of these dealers are flat out ball busters. Most they can charge honestly is .5 to an hour labor. Chump change for them.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried the local truck shop first and they had no clue either. Hopefully the GM of the dealership can get it worked out for me.

I feel your pain. Might take the right shop with IDS and well familiar
With Raptors. Even the accessory manager at my local dealer was clueless and told me you don’t need this. I hate dealing with people who are knowledge-less about a subject matter and want to tell you that you don’t need it. He said stop reading about things like this on Internet forums. I know my what my vehicle IQ is, needless to say I wouldn’t deal with that dope ever again lol

Hopefully your dealer gets it sorted out.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Might take the right shop with IDS and well familiar
With Raptors. Even the accessory manager at my local dealer was clueless and told me you don’t need this. I hate dealing with people who are knowledge-less about a subject matter and want to tell you that you don’t need it. He said stop reading about things like this on Internet forums. I know my what my vehicle IQ is, needless to say I wouldn’t deal with that dope ever again lol

Hopefully your dealer gets it sorted out.

I hear that a lot, don't believe everything you read on the internet, clueless people abound.

I hate hearing that statement.