Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Deaver/eibach combo ?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Socalbeachbum, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Pat86B

Pat86B FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I had a shop in the Chicago area quote me 4hrs of labor and an all-in cost of ~1700$ for parts & labor. That was inclusive of Deavers OR Icons as well as Eibachs. He said that the Icons don’t come with hardware, so while they’re a bit cheaper, it nets out between them and Deavers since those come with hardware.

He did say Icons are on back order and will take 10 weeks to come in, whereas Deavers are about ~4 weeks. I like the icons better because I want more than 1” lift but that appears to come at a higher probability of needing to readjust those due to unwanted shifts and spaces of leafs. I was also going to have the Deavers powder coated first if I were going down that road.

What’s your guys take? @OffroadAlliance.com @NEOGARAGE @[email protected]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    DFS likes this.
  2. K223

K223 FRF Addict

Brought my truck down for a piece of warr. work at the dealer today. Also asked to get the ride height calibration(VDM Calibration). Poof service writer and accessory managers head almost imploded. What? Why? Because? Needless to say they won’t do it. Want to send me to an accessory shop for it. What???

I feel this is a useless question, but all Ford dealers have the Ford VCM 3 IDS tool? Or some version of it compatible with our trucks? @FordTechOne

For some reason I’m just being blown off and they are tying it to an accessory, which apparently they do outside of the dealer.

Also just to confirm as I checked my ride height up front in ForScan previously. I’m sitting over 30mm high. The truck should be 0mm with the factory springs? Meaning and as we have realized I’m valved up just sitting there.

3. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

The VCM 3 just came out, but all dealers will at least have 1 or more VCM 2s or a VCMM (oscilloscope) with IDS. Sounds like they aren’t familiar with the IDS service procedure and think that an aftermarket calibration must be used to correct the ride height sensor readings. Typical Service Writer.

4. K223

K223 FRF Addict

Thanks for confirming. I wasn’t buying it. But also going elsewhere. No time for BS. Anyway I have a friend that used a local high performance truck shop and called them. They know all about the calibration and have a VCM to do it. They normally perform this on the live valve trucks he mentioned. Knowledgeable shops in the know.

FordTechOne likes this.
  5. K223

K223 FRF Addict

Took my truck to a local performance shop and had them calibrate the ride height. 5 mins and 50 bucks later I was out the door. Doesn’t pay to waste time with those that don’t know.

I wanted to confirm where the truck thought it should be sitting now. So I checked forscan and the front was at 0mm. Before the calibration I was just over 30mm.

While not a day and night difference in ride quality, I do feel like I have that initial bit of compression back in the front shocks and things are a bit smoother.

GR8Ride and TravisHTX like this.
  6. TravisHTX

TravisHTX Full Access Member

Good info, thanks for sharing your findings!

K223 likes this.
  7. Kyle Nezat

Kyle Nezat Full Access Member

Same here was def worth it

K223 likes this.
  8. 7six2

7six2 Full Access Member

Also had mine done and this was my impression too. And I feel like the rebound isnt quite as harsh...as in closer to normal now.

K223 likes this.
  9. RaptorVette

RaptorVette Full Access Member

What are you guys asking for when you go to the dealership? Is it just please reset my shocks?

10. RaptorLF18

RaptorLF18 Full Access Member

Ride Height Calibration