Deaver/eibach combo ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just watched the video on eibach vs geisers and the keep it dirty guy said at the beginning of the video that combo of eibachs with deavers caused the live valves to not act appropriately. Is this a poor combo? Should one switch eibachs to geisers if you run deavers?

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many people on here that run Eibach's with Deavers (I am not one of them, but am looking for suspension upgrades in the near future as well). I've seen lots of good responses about that combo, it is certainly a common combo that a lot of people like.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you may have misunderstood him unless I missed that part. He was saying that Eibachs being linear springs versus the progressive Geiser springs is what causes the issues with the live valves. Most people swear by Geisers it looks like on here and all say its a massive upgrade to the stock leafs.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could have sworn he said the softness of the eibachs upfront with the stiffness of the deavers messed things up. I guess I’ll try it out with the eibach and then switch to geisers if there is an issue. I’m in the crowd of enjoying stiff rides (that sounded bad).
He probably means deavers versus stock rear springs. Don't fret, you will be fine!

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not say it ruins the ride, but improves it over stock (depending on what your looking for).

I just installed Eibachs and Deaver +3 HDs 2 weeks ago (purchased from Nick@Apollo-Optics), and just got back from a week and a half trip to Colorado mountains (1200 mile drive each way). Probably drove 150 miles of forest roads, and 50 miles of off-road trails while I was up there. The off-road trails for the most part were too rocky to do anything over 30 mph in some sections, but averaged like 10 mph (lot of 4 low with all the big rocks and steep grades). I was able get some decent speed on most of the forest roads, even the ones that hadn't been graded in a while.

With those springs, the ride is greatly improved. Almost all body roll is gone, and no axle wrap are the 2 most obvious differences to me. The ride is a little stiffer than stock, mainly the rear springs, but with a little weight in the bed, and the right PSI in the tires, it smooths out really nicely, almost as smooth as stock on the road/freeway.

With the stock springs, if I hit a large bump or rut, it was too squishy and would bottom out or tap the skid plate too easily in my opinion. The new springs certainly helped with that a whole lot. The extra ground clearance is really nice to have too, no new scratches on the skid plate since the swap.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much rake do you have unloaded? This is the setup I'm strongly considering, with +4HD being the other option.

with the truck empty, and full fuel tank:
Driver side: 42 inches in front and 42.5 rear.

passenger side: 42 inches front and 43 rear.

(measurements to top of the wheel well flare).

I am using the stock shackle too.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
with the truck empty, and full fuel tank:
Driver side: 42 inches in front and 42.5 rear.

passenger side: 42 inches front and 43 rear.

(measurements to top of the wheel well flare).

I am using the stock shackle too.

Thanks. I'm surprised that you don't have more rake. If the Eibachs raise the front by 1.7" and the +3HDs raise the back by 2", I'd expect factory rake plus a bit, so around 2". More if unloaded +3HDs raise the back more than +3s.

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem. I am kinda surprised there isn’t more rake too. I got too excited to get them installed, and forgot to take measurements before and after install. The Deavers arrived 1 day before I left for the trip so had to get after it... Nick did a great job on getting them to me really fast though.

Those measurements above, I just took right before posting them.

It does take a good bit of weight to drop the rear to level though, so no complaints, I think the truck looks great.