GEN 2 Deaver Decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deaver +3 Deaver +2 SD HD it's all the idiots on here can say. If you don't call deaver and discuss your specific needs then you are taking risks with your ride and your money. There are very few people on this forum that know what they are talking about when it comes to suspension...problem is you don't know who they are. In my case...after talking with Deaver...I wound up with a custom spring pack and paid less than the standard +2 +3 sd hd pre packs. People on here don't even ask you how you drive your truck, what results you are expecting, how loaded you plan to be, do you tow or anything else that would weigh into the decision. The old "Hey I put HD +2's and love em" suggestion isn't worth the time it took to post it. Call Deaver and discuss all the ways you want to use your truck, the kind of ride you are looking for and make sure you get a setup that fits your person needs. Take the brand suggestions on here for Deaver or Icon and ignore the rest of it. When you talk to Deaver or Icon make sure you speak with a tech and not the front end sales person unless they are a qualified suspension expert. Talking to the front end sales person will get you nowhere good.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deavers are on a minimum 6 week lead time. Called a bunch of places and no one has them in stock. Need them in three weeks, unfortunately, so now I'm looking at the Icon pack. Feel like it's a major step down.

Drive to Portland OR?

OP
OP
KODIAK

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
KODIAK

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I may have found a +4HD. Probably do a 1” drop and hope it doesn’t look too *** high.

OP
OP
KODIAK

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well? Pictures and experience please.
Passed on the +4 and ended up ordering +2HD. Did exactly what I had hoped it would. Brought me back to stock height and the ride is ten times better than the stock leaf pack.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passed on the +4 and ended up ordering +2HD. Did exactly what I had hoped it would. Brought me back to stock height and the ride is ten times better than the stock leaf pack.
Oh yeah?! Very nice! Have you by chance gotten on the scales or do you know how much weight you are carrying around?

Last edited:
OP
OP
KODIAK

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah?! Very nice! Have you by chance gotten on the scales or do you know how much weight you are carrying around?
I haven’t been to the scales. My closest guess is my cap weighs about 200, and then about 140lbs in assorted gear (including my rubber bed mat, builtrite molle panels, etc).

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually was in the same boat and called Deaver. I tow race rigs (Featherlight + Car) occasionally but this is also a daily driver and will have about 2-300lbs in the back most times. Ended up with D+3HDs and Eibach springs.

Glad it worked out for you

Last edited: