Deaver and SVC Adj Bump Install & Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leanofpeak

Reaction score
Regarding the SVC strike pad thickness, with the wire tie metal tab removed from the diff, it has supports which mate with the axle tube directly below where strikes should occur; IMO, this portion of the design looks well engineered. I did a shakedown run on mine yesterday evening, and there is a noticeable improvement in skittishness (Deavers). I will say that I do notice when I get into the bump stops, but I have no experience with hydraulic bumps so I don't have a reference whether or not they're harsh.

I summed the weights of what went in and what came out, accurate to my bathroom scale's error:

SVC bump stop kit (includes hardware): +43.9 lb
Stock springs, blocks, bumps: -136 lb
Deaver springs: +204.8 lb

Overall, these add 112 lbs to the truck.

Height at fender with OEM springs: 42.0". Height at rear fender with Deavers +2 (non HD) and SVC pads immediately after installation: ~42.25", most of the 0.25" is the SVC pads. Effectively, I saw no change in ride height. Height after a couple days and driving ~100 miles: 42.0", but this is with fuel added, so I claim no 'settling'. Will measure again with ~1/4 tank of fuel to see if it changes, but I'm not expecting it to.

FWIW, I ended up contacting both SVC and Deaver for documentation on torque specs and installation details. Deaver didn't respond to an email inquiry, but they picked up their phone on the second ring. Both were very helpful.

Hi mezger.

Do you plan on raising the front?

I have a new 2019 I am looking at here in my office and am getting ready to send it to SVC to install the +2's and SVC bump kit w/ifp.

What I am waffling on is do I go with a new SVC shackle and keep the rear end stock (though your results were a .25 inch increase) or get a longer shackle from SDHQ (+1) to lower rear end 1 inch.

I do not want to raise my front I like it where it is.

That's where I am at. First world problem I know...

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on keeping it stock for now, might do Fox Factory 3.0 on all corners next year. I'm not planning on changing the stance and height much, might raise the front just a hair, but not more than 1/2". I don't want to lower the rear because then I have reduced compression travel.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with the longer shackles it raised the truck about 1.25”, but I think it will settle down after the springs get a little broke in. I plan on running a chase racks with spare tires in the bed, so I.m fine with that.

@Loufish can you provide an update as to how much they settled? I'm about to do Deaver +3s with the longer SDHQ shackles, but was hoping to get very little increase in ride height, empty.

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can you provide an update as to how much they settled? I'm about to do Deaver +3s with the longer SDHQ shackles, but was hoping to get very little increase in ride height, empty.
It's raining in SoCal right now...give me a day or two and I'll get back to you...

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked mine again today. 41 7/8". Effectively, still no settling.

Aesconde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It increased approximately 3.75” from stock. I carry about 500 in the bed at all times so the stock suspension sagged a lot. The HD springs compensated for the approx 3” of sag I had from the additional weight and also added another inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk