Deaver and Geiser?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stupid questions here, but what are the benefits of the Deavers? I know they add towing and cargo capacity somewhat. That's what I want them for as well as leveling the truck But from an off-road perspective why are these better than OEM?

They are progressive rate. Soft for the little stuff but they firm up for the bigger hits.

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an update on mine, we are having trouble holding the alignment specs, when I drive it the caster/camber bolts move and it loses it.

I ordered some icon upper control arms and some lower locking caster/camber bolts that should fix it up and get me even more caster than stock, which I would love.

OP
OP
sherwood

sherwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an update on mine, we are having trouble holding the alignment specs, when I drive it the caster/camber bolts move and it loses it.

I ordered some icon upper control arms and some lower locking caster/camber bolts that should fix it up and get me even more caster than stock, which I would love.

Is the UCA the only way to fix the alignment? Seems like another cost to be figured in to do Geisers?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the UCA the only way to fix the alignment? Seems like another cost to be figured in to do Geisers?

I took my truck to the Ford dealer and did not have any problems getting it aligned. The toe on both sides were out of spec, but they were able to bring it in without issues. I guess we will see if it holds...

Here is my report:

Attachments

• Raptor Alignment.jpg
    Raptor Alignment.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 34

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toe isn't the issue, getting the right caster and camber is and without it changing. technically you could just use cam bolts on the lower control arm, but I am doing both to make sure it stays in place and i get the caster I want.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
toe isn't the issue, getting the right caster and camber is and without it changing. technically you could just use cam bolts on the lower control arm, but I am doing both to make sure it stays in place and i get the caster I want.

My caster and camber were within spec after the Geisers. Were yours out of spec or were you trying to change them for another reason?

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My caster and camber were within spec after the Geisers. Were yours out of spec or were you trying to change them for another reason?

they are in spec but barely. I also don't like 2-3 degrees of caster, the upper arms will get a lot more and really improve the way the truck drives. the issue I am running into is a good alignment and straight wheel when it comes off the rack and after some driving the lower bolts don't hold and the wheel goes crooked again.

my bigger concern at this point is getting these 37" K02s to balance perfectly. :-(