Deaver +3HD vs +4HD (Confused after all the researching)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you considered going to a local spring shop & asking their opinion after telling em what you want? They could probably add a leaf or 2 along w/ new U bolts & also re-arch the stock leafs in the process & while doing it have em install the eibachs and/or bump stops. Would be a big savings I’m thinking.

Also that pic of the white truck w/ +4HDs in rear & SVC collars didn’t look right as far as the front end is concerned. Angles on the front CV/axles looked kinda extreme.

OP
OP
K

kishorejoseph

Reaction score
I ended up going with the Eibach and +3HD. Driven maybe 100-150 miles since and haven't done any recalibration yet. The front was really stiff at first but ended up smoothing out the next day. The front is still a bit stiff compared to stock, however, it feels like it changes direction a bit happier and overall not too stiff to complain about. Not so floaty though and I would say it doesn't ride like stock anymore. That may change after I do the calibration though and it softens a bit? I heard the Eibach's don't really settle that much though so will have to wait and see on that front.

The rear is a night and day difference, it rides so much better in the back. Anyone who hasn't done it should change them out to at least the +2 if you're all stock.

The truck sits with a slight rake right now, the rear is up just a tad bit. Would have done the +4HD but the lead time was high and I got a good deal on the +3HD installed. Shout out to Texas Motorwerx...quoted me the same price installed as many did just for the parts on Eibach springs, +3HD Deavers and Camburg bumps w/ Fox 2.5s.

teamster

Reaction score
So, I’m in a similar position here. I’ve got a 2017 with an ADD Stealth Fighter front bumper, about to add a winch and ADD intercooler. On the rear I have an ADD Stealth Fighter rear bumper, Diamondback HD tonneau cover, and probably close to 75lbs of tools on builtright panels and on the tonneau.

I’ve got a set of Eibach springs on order right now, bout 3wks backordered per the vendor. I’m on the fence about what Deavers to get in the back - my best guess right now is that +3HDs would be a good fit, and would accommodate the weight and be close to level with the front.

I’m not looking for much lift - mostly just to improve ride quality (front and back), offset the weight from all my additions, and above all, keep things level. I emailed Deaver, since I’ve been unable to get in touch with them via phone, but I’m also interested in some opinions here. Am I barking up the right tree here?

teamster

Reaction score
So, I’m in a similar position here. I’ve got a 2017 with an ADD Stealth Fighter front bumper, about to add a winch and ADD intercooler. On the rear I have an ADD Stealth Fighter rear bumper, Diamondback HD tonneau cover, and probably close to 75lbs of tools on builtright panels and on the tonneau.

I’ve got a set of Eibach springs on order right now, bout 3wks backordered per the vendor. I’m on the fence about what Deavers to get in the back - my best guess right now is that +3HDs would be a good fit, and would accommodate the weight and be close to level with the front.

I’m not looking for much lift - mostly just to improve ride quality (front and back), offset the weight from all my additions, and above all, keep things level. I emailed Deaver, since I’ve been unable to get in touch with them via phone, but I’m also interested in some opinions here. Am I barking up the right tree here?
I reached out to Apollo Optics, and got some clarification. Looks like the +3HDs are the right option to go with the Eibachs, and should result in a level ride. I’m also putting some bump stop plates in the order, which is unfortunately on about 4-7wk backorder directly from Deaver.

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 with Eibach and Deaver +4HD with a Camburg shackle and SVC/Fox IFP bumps. Very happy with this set up!View attachment 333056

@JHamilton - I went back and forth on this too and think what I ordered is almost nearly the same: Eibachs, +4HD, RPG +2 Shackles.

Hows the ride, height, and did you also have to go with longer brake lines? Thanks in advance

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with +4HD cause I tow (6500lbs camper) and will have overlanding gear (no tent)/tools in the bed. Easy to drop with shackles if it doesn't settle where I want it, very expensive to go higher with only +3's. Plus +3's where months out. +4's where in stock.

When first picked it up, it was way too high. After a week of driving it around it is growing on me. Hit very light 2wd dirt roads yesterday and it rides great! Next weekend will be the test.
How does your truck do while towing, Turbro? You're pretty close to the weight of the trailer I'm looking at (closer to 7000). Have you upgraded your brakes at all? Last question, after towing a few times have the new springs settled much to reduce your rake when you're unhooked?