GEN 2 Deaver +3HD are THIS good...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great boat but you are nearly double the factory tow rating that is based on more then just the rear springs. The rear end is not rated to tow that much weight and the stress of even the low speed stop and go around doing tow will take its toll in the long run. The shocks will wear out faster as well.

I am not saying that I might do the same once in a blue moon but if you are towing it more then a few times a year find a F250 or bigger truck. Be careful. Love the boat!

OP
OP
O

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great boat but you are nearly double the factory tow rating that is based on more then just the rear springs. The rear end is not rated to tow that much weight and the stress of even the low speed stop and go around doing tow will take its toll in the long run. The shocks will wear out faster as well.

I am not saying that I might do the same once in a blue moon but if you are towing it more then a few times a year find a F250 or bigger truck. Be careful. Love the boat!

Thanks, super excited about Wahoo.

I agree, more than a few times and I am rolling dice. Only reason I considered it is the older F250s with the 7.3 diesel were rated around 15k or so and the Gen2 frame puts that old super duty to shame. The old super duty could be had with 5.4, the raptor has a six bolt main V6. The 10-speed was good enough for 750 hp in the ZR1 and I understand it’s going into the GM 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. 13 leaf, deaver still prob softer than that old Super Duty but it also has bump stops. The weak link as you said is the differential. Granted it has the smaller differential, however , the 4.11 gears are an even higher ratio than the max tow of the regular F150 which I believe is up to 14,000 pounds for 2020.

Prudent no, capable, yes. Safe? Depends on how it’s operated. Highway, hell no. 40 mph to the gas station, sure.

I do love towing this thing and getting the looks from Wrangler and Gladiator owners who see the Raptor as their competitor... Strap Wahoo on boys! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk