Deaver +3 with drop shackle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a little more research and with the +2" and a stock shackle you'll sit at stock height...with +3 and a stock shackle you will get 1" inch of lift ... and adding an extended shackle to a +3 sits you back at stock height..I've been kicking the idea around of putting a 16" shock on an rpg bed cage and they say to run a +3 or +4 with there extended shackle to get full 18" of travel ..I just dont want to cut holes in my bed just yet so I'm on the fence with the decision

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I have the +2 deaver spring and if I were to put the long shackle on I'd lower the ride height about an inch they say..you will still only droop as far as the shock let's u droop stock .(until u get a longer shock)u just give up some bump for more droop travel or vise verse depending on set up

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the +3 deaver have the same capacity and ratings as the +2.. they are just taller, or more arched to provide and extra inch of lift...

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that they are a bit stiffer to compensate for bed racks and gear.. probably from more arc..I'm scared to combine the +3 with the extended shackle because I dont want it any stiffer and I dont run anything in the bed..unless I tell deaver to make the +3 just for the height but keep the spring rate the same as the +2 I already have..but it's only an inch so I'll probably just try the 16" shock with the extended shackle on a rpg bed cage and get the 17" of travel rather than 18"

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My understanding is that they are a bit stiffer to compensate for bed racks and gear.. probably from more arc..I'm scared to combine the +3 with the extended shackle because I dont want it any stiffer and I dont run anything in the bed..unless I tell deaver to make the +3 just for the height but keep the spring rate the same as the +2 I already have..but it's only an inch so I'll probably just try the 16" shock with the extended shackle on a rpg bed cage and get the 17" of travel rather than 18"

They have a heavier spring rate they use on the HD springs.. the +2 and +3 spring's are actually a lower spring rate at ride height but they increase as they are compressed.. hence... progressive rate leaf springs...

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If I recall correctly the reason they are a touch stiffer is due to the arch itself and not the spring rate. The HD series is stiffer with the same arch as the SD.

Flatter springs should feel softer than arched springs. Now having said that, I am not sure if that is the reverse effect is true on droop as you are further on your way to having the arch that appears in droop. Basically I wonder if a higher arch spring will be stiffer on compression travel and softer on droop. Or in the range of motion it is negligible (I know what I’ll be thinking on tonight).

The longer shackle is what should give you the majority of your droop travel gains from rose height, as it is a longer radius.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the shackle is where the travel gain comes from..complimented with longer shocks..thinking about pulling the trigger on that bed cage now with the 16x3.0 king 3 tube..rpg says with the +2 and there extended shackle should give 17" of travel

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the shackle is where the travel gain comes from..complimented with longer shocks..thinking about pulling the trigger on that bed cage now with the 16x3.0 king 3 tube..rpg says with the +2 and there extended shackle should give 17" of travel
I think it’s your best interest to consult SVC. I’ve dealt with both companies and have had much better experiences with Svc! RPG and customer service is something they lack. I ordered Hiems for my gen1 rpg tie rods. They said the were shipped. Long story short it was months later they arrived and I already had traded my gen1 in on a gen2. I will never give them my business again.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been talking with them a couple times about this cage..kc at rpg has been super cool and very helpful..sorry to hear about your heim experience !!! The laser cut plate construction of there cage looks good !!!