Deaver +3 Springs installed now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikepipe597

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after searching the forum for information on the deaver springs I decided to place an order. Since I did the 1.5" lift on the front end figured I would go with the +3 for the rear (1" lift). Before the spring install the truck "on road" manners were perfect, exepct for the ocasional axle wrap/hop. Now that I have installed the Deaver +3 without blocks, the rear end is hard as hell. The wrap/hop is gone...50 mph over the worst railroad crossing, perfect. As far as the little bumps in the road, stiff and bumpy. What gives????? Anyone else experiance this?

D

Deleted member 12951

Since you removed the block the bump stop on the frame has nothing to hit anymore. You have the potential if you start to off-road to bottom out the rear, damaging the frame or ripping off your shock mounts.

Get a bump stop kit now that you upgraded the leafs

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The +3 is for heavier loads and towing. She’s gonna ride stiffer. The +2 is more like the stock ride until it gets deeper into the spring.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddy has Deaver +3's and bumpstop kit on his gen2 and it rides great, I have the same setup on my gen1 and can say the same. I wouldn't do any heavy off-roading until you install a bumpstop kit since you have nothing to cushion the impact on frame.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I have +3 along with a load leaf with Fox 3.0's and my ride is awesome both on and off-road. I usually carry a chase rack with 2 tires so there is some weight in the rear.

However even without the chase rack my ride is very nice with an empty bed. Shock tuning makes a big difference as well which helps for the great ride.

Raptor404

Reaction score
Here is my truck with Icon's set at 2.25". I did carry a shit load of flooring materials about 2 months ago and it was probably the reason for the extra drop. I have the +3 Deavers ready to go on Thursday so that better help out. All I know is the factory leaf springs look like it belongs on a old 2 door ford ranger compared to the Deaver springs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 6.11.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 6.11.00 PM.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 461

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many leafs on that +3? I bought a used set with 12 leafs and I was quite surprised how much it lifted the rear.. Considering putting drop shackles to lower it