Deaver +3 review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly where I took the measurements from. But just got back to my shop and decided to get in the bed and go up and down and a shackle popped (meaning it was just in the upright position I had installed it at and it was the first time it moved) and the truck went down to about 45".

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There you go!

A little tip, get some silicone spray ( NOT WD 40 !!! ) a spray they use to lube wire cable, this stuff won't attract dirt. Or something similar.
Jack up the truck and let the springs hang and spray the crap out of them.
I didn't do this for my first two set of springs and the rusted up really quick.
Doesn't matter which brand they all do it.
And don't be afraid to pack up the front and rear spring bolts with extra grease.

Last edited:

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There you go!

A little tip, get some silicone spray ( NOT WD 40 !!! ) a spray they use to lube wire cable this stuff won't attract dirt. Or something similar.
Jack up the truck and let the springs hang and spray the crap out of them.
I didn't do this for my first two set of springs and the rusted up really quick.
Doesn't matter which brand they all do it.
And don't be afraid to pack up the front and rear spring bolts with extra grease.

Will do. And I greased the crap out of the bushings and added anti-seize on the bolts. All bolts were torqued correctly as well.

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions and guidance. Many of these posts are old by now so there should be some good experience. My 14 screw is a dd and at times I tow a travel trailer ~ 7000lbs. I am putting the svc adjustable bumps on and want to deavers as well. There is an offer to make a custom leaf pack or I could get the standard +3 or 2. Only concern about a custom pack is that if its meant to handle a larger load will I lose the comfort of the springs on and off road?

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had +2 initially and when towing a 5k# boat it was not fun. I routinely hit the SVC bumps, even when they were in the high position. I didn't try them lowered to carry the load more. Even unloaded except Diamondback bed cover and other items in the bed I'd routinely hit the bumps. So, I upped myself to +3 Deavers and have been happier. Very plush ride unloaded with added compression clearance when carrying some load.

Deavers are much softer than stock and will rely on the shocks much more to control the movement (although this is a slightly erroneous statement, as more spring force - stock springs - technically require more dampening resistance). I've got Fox3.0, so I've got more tune-ability with compression zones, etc. This allows greater dampening deep in the compression and lighter dampening while in normal ride zone.

I never ran my Deavers with stock shocks, but I'd imagine they'd work well and provide a good quality ride.

On the stock springs, they do a lot of things well, but have to compromise in all areas too. If you find yourself towing a lot, they might be a good setup to stick with. Otherwise get a custom +3 pack with added leaf from Deaver to help. Or, buy a stock +3 pack, try it out and if more load capacity is needed add a Deaver leaf - kind of a pain, but at least a way out.

Hope this helps in some way.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went from totally flattened National SD's (with an added leaf) to Deaver +5's with a shackle for my 3.5 setup, with about 400 pounds in the bed.

When i turn down compression and rebound front and rear I get a pretty decent ride (although it does wallow around corners - no sway bars). When I have them set for my normal off road firmness the ride is pretty harsh.

right now they haven't fully settled and truck is about 1.5 inches higher in the rear.

After the October TRR run, I'll check them out again and if need be i'll drop a leaf out of them to improve the ride quality on road.

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had +2 initially and when towing a 5k# boat it was not fun. I routinely hit the SVC bumps, even when they were in the high position. I didn't try them lowered to carry the load more. Even unloaded except Diamondback bed cover and other items in the bed I'd routinely hit the bumps. So, I upped myself to +3 Deavers and have been happier. Very plush ride unloaded with added compression clearance when carrying some load.

Deavers are much softer than stock and will rely on the shocks much more to control the movement (although this is a slightly erroneous statement, as more spring force - stock springs - technically require more dampening resistance). I've got Fox3.0, so I've got more tune-ability with compression zones, etc. This allows greater dampening deep in the compression and lighter dampening while in normal ride zone.

I never ran my Deavers with stock shocks, but I'd imagine they'd work well and provide a good quality ride.

On the stock springs, they do a lot of things well, but have to compromise in all areas too. If you find yourself towing a lot, they might be a good setup to stick with. Otherwise get a custom +3 pack with added leaf from Deaver to help. Or, buy a stock +3 pack, try it out and if more load capacity is needed add a Deaver leaf - kind of a pain, but at least a way out.

Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks for the input. I believe I will be going with the +3 deavers. I don't tow a lot, mostly just a daily driver. But when I can get out I tow the trailer somewhere I can go play with the truck. I think that set up with the adjustable bumps will fit my needs. I can always increase pressure in bumps when towing.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old tread but wanted to know if anyone had issues with there Deaver +2s. Mine are about a year old and my truck sits at about 42.5 to 43 inches with about 150 lbs in the bed. I love them, and just want. to see how everyone else's are holding up. Mine are a little flat in the center were the axle mounts but everything else seems good.

SilverBack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old tread but wanted to know if anyone had issues with there Deaver +2s. Mine are about a year old and my truck sits at about 42.5 to 43 inches with about 150 lbs in the bed. I love them, and just want. to see how everyone else's are holding up. Mine are a little flat in the center were the axle mounts but everything else seems good.

You should have seen @bigred 's springs after the dirty dozen run he had to be sitting 4 inches lower then any other truck and he has +3's.