Deaver +3 or +4 (Live Shock Reset on page 3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06HAOLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Deaved+3 HD, The ride quality didn't suffer or too stiff when your bed is empty or light load? I am on the fence with that set up but I don't do heavy off road at all just some back road camping trips with a lot of camping gears and a RTT. 90% of the time the bed with have less then 60 lbs in it.
I have a bed cover and one spare in the bed 95% of the time. The truck rides great and the rear end skips a lot less on choppy roads.

Reaction score
I'm running Deaver HD +4 with stock shocks. SVC CAS up front to help level. SVC Shackles.

The articulation up front is a little limited so it doesn't soak up the drop from a speed bump without fully extending the front shock. Over time, I'm worried this will damage them. Thoughts or suggestions? Would I get more from the 3.0 and a UCA upgrade?

The rear HD springs are great, not too stiff. I have a SnugTop Xtra Vision Cap on the back.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'm running Deaver HD +4 with stock shocks. SVC CAS up front to help level. SVC Shackles.

The articulation up front is a little limited so it doesn't soak up the drop from a speed bump without fully extending the front shock. Over time, I'm worried this will damage them. Thoughts or suggestions? Would I get more from the 3.0 and a UCA upgrade?

The rear HD springs are great, not too stiff. I have a SnugTop Xtra Vision Cap on the back.

If you didn't recalibrate your live valve shocks you need to.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You’re right the trade off for more height and compression travel is less extension or droop, uca’s don’t increase travel as far as I know, they articulate better with a uniball joint, also as far as I know 3s don’t allow more travel either however damaged shocks are not something I’ve ever heard about, also the steering and front axel angles with lift are something to think about. It seems the general thinking is some extra height and compression at the expense of some droop and less than ideal uca and axel angles is worth it.

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Good points to ponder for sure. I plan to swap the +4 HD Deavers for the +3....perhaps the +2 to return to stock height. Little extra height and compression would be nice, I'm not certain the lift from the +4 Deavers is the sweet spot for me.

From much reading on here it is highly recommended to do this recalibration as it makes a noticeable difference in how it handles afterwards.

It basically resets the zero and the shocks will then operate as intended from factory.

From FRF:

"Live Valve Shocks Reset:

So I got lucky because I have a local service manager that is really easy to work with. She is the same person I spoke to over the phone a couple of weeks ago that had never heard of the ride height calibration. When I showed up I showed her this information verbatim on my phone.

1. If the ride height is altered and the ride height recalibration procedure is not performed, the VDM will interpret the sensor readings as the front shocks being constantly extended, as if the vehicle is carrying a heavy load in the rear or accelerating aggressively. The inaccurate sensor readings will negativity affect the operation of the live valve shocks, since the readings the module is receiving are not accurate.

2. The IDS Service Routine puts the Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM) into a training mode, at which point it reads the ride height sensors and records the values. The value will more than likely read 30mm but should be reset to 0mm.

3. The VCM 3 just came out, but all dealers will at least have 1 or more VCM 2s or a VCMM (oscilloscope) with IDS. Sounds like they aren’t familiar with the IDS service procedure and think that an aftermarket calibration must be used to correct the ride height sensor readings.

She said we have the VCM 3 and the tech that was going to replace my cameras would be the same tech that would be doing the ride height calibration. She asked that I text it to her and she would get it to the tech no problem.

After everything was done, I spoke to the tech and he said it wasn't hard at all < than 5 minutes and done."

The above may help a technician at a Dealership because it's something they may have never performed and may not be familiar with the procedure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Brilliant, thanks @sixshooter_45 . I still might drop the truck an inch because I don't like how the shock tops out going over speed bumps. Only a 2" ish lift, sheesh. The mechanic I used is very reputable and came recommended by SVC OffRoad. He said dropping it even just 1/2" might eliminate that issue.

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Brilliant, thanks @sixshooter_45 . I still might drop the truck an inch because I don't like how the shock tops out going over speed bumps. Only a 2" ish lift, sheesh. The mechanic I used is very reputable and came recommended by SVC OffRoad. He said dropping it even just 1/2" might eliminate that issue.

If I remember correctly, recalibration will probably eliminate that issue as many have reported the same issue with it being eliminated after recalibration

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From much reading on here it is highly recommended to do this recalibration as it makes a noticeable difference in how it handles afterwards.

It basically resets the zero and the shocks will then operate as intended from factory.

From FRF:

"Live Valve Shocks Reset:

So I got lucky because I have a local service manager that is really easy to work with. She is the same person I spoke to over the phone a couple of weeks ago that had never heard of the ride height calibration. When I showed up I showed her this information verbatim on my phone.

1. If the ride height is altered and the ride height recalibration procedure is not performed, the VDM will interpret the sensor readings as the front shocks being constantly extended, as if the vehicle is carrying a heavy load in the rear or accelerating aggressively. The inaccurate sensor readings will negativity affect the operation of the live valve shocks, since the readings the module is receiving are not accurate.

2. The IDS Service Routine puts the Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM) into a training mode, at which point it reads the ride height sensors and records the values. The value will more than likely read 30mm but should be reset to 0mm.

3. The VCM 3 just came out, but all dealers will at least have 1 or more VCM 2s or a VCMM (oscilloscope) with IDS. Sounds like they aren’t familiar with the IDS service procedure and think that an aftermarket calibration must be used to correct the ride height sensor readings.

She said we have the VCM 3 and the tech that was going to replace my cameras would be the same tech that would be doing the ride height calibration. She asked that I text it to her and she would get it to the tech no problem.

After everything was done, I spoke to the tech and he said it wasn't hard at all < than 5 minutes and done."

The above may help a technician at a Dealership because it's something they may have never performed and may not be familiar with the procedure.

@Big Blue can you make a sticky for this response above and label it Live valve shock reset. Don’t think we have a go to for this popular piece of info. Thanks

Reaction score
Measurements from ground to fenders:

42 7/8" FRONT
43 3/8" REAR

This is with the SVC CAS, SVC Shackles, Deaver HD +4

I seem to be getting higher ride than others report using the Deaver HD +4....