Deaver +3 or +4 (Live Shock Reset on page 3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding which springs to go with. I have a Retrax bed cover, wheel well tool box and a 3ton Pro Eagle jack in the bed at all times. So maybe 200lbs or more not sure how much the springs will sag, but I'd like the rear higher than stock.

Option 1: Eibachs and Deaver +3
Or
Option 2: Geisers and Deaver +4

I'd like to have the truck sit level or slight rake, NOT nose high, I don't tow anything and I'm keeping the 2019 stock shocks.

Which springs would you guys recommend?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Eibachs and +4 HD Deavers on order. The shop suggested adding some Camburg shackles to lower it a bit so that it's level with the Eibachs. I thought that was a good idea because I can always swap back to the stock shackles if I want it higher in the rear. I'll post before and after pics after the install.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding which springs to go with. I have a Retrax bed cover, wheel well tool box and a 3ton Pro Eagle jack in the bed at all times. So maybe 200lbs or more not sure how much the springs will sag, but I'd like the rear higher than stock.

Option 1: Eibachs and Deaver +3
Or
Option 2: Geisers and Deaver +4

I'd like to have the truck sit level or slight rake, NOT nose high, I don't tow anything and I'm keeping the 2019 stock shocks.

Which springs would you guys recommend?

I'm interested in doing the same to my 2019 but wonder if this would cause the UCA to sit @ a much lower angle than stock therefore loosing some articulation.

See attached photo with Geiser springs.
SmartSelect_20191231-213439_YouTube.jpg
It appears that the UCA is angled much lower but to be honest I really don't know and have been trying to research on whether or not it's advisable to change the UCL.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a Gen 1 like your Avatar and signature? If you have a Gen 2, you would have been fine with +3s. The HDs are going to be very stiff even with 200 lbs in the bed. I am running Geisers and standard +3s and mine sits 3/4” higher in the back with an 80 lb BakFlip cover. When I added 120 lbs of sand, it sat perfectly level.

The shackles will give you some additional flexibility with the +4s, but I doubt you will need to remove them unless you want the rear back to the stock rake of 2”s.

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't updated my Avatar. Traded my Gen 1 for a Gen 2 a few months ago. The Gen 1 had Fox RPG 3.O's and Deaver HD + 3. I had a tool box and bed cover, probably around 300lbs and it was a little higher than stock in the rear. That truck rode perfect, hoping I can get close to that with these springs.

We will see what happens, I'd rather have the rear be higher, similar to stock rake.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remember the modding never ends and most add weight,
even deavers are heavier than stock (I forget the #) and the bump kit is significant and then a cooler full of beer...
jack, compressor on and on