Deaver +3 or +4 (Live Shock Reset on page 3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have Deaver +4 HDs on the truck. Installing the front Fox Factory Racing 3.0s in the front today. STOKED!!!

Question: how much preload are you running on them? I've asked the mechanic to put them in with 0 adjustment to the collar and see where it stands. I'm looking for about a 1.5" rake. My HD's have settled in nicely after hauling some shit for awhile. I know everyone's truck will be different, but I'm curious what settings you're using on the FFR3.0s and what results you're seeing?

Reaction score
that’s a great idea, I just checked their quote and they included Camburg rear MIG shackles, do you think I should get stock length or extended length?
@RaptorDXB When I had the +4HDs installed (SVC shackles - 0 drop), I thought the truck height was obscenely high. After towing a trailer and hauling some weight in the truck, they have settled down quite a bit. I've heard from SVC, one decent off-road trip with your gear loaded, your truck will return close to stock height with that spring. I'm not certain it'll get THAT low, but they do settle in. You could always add a drop shackle later.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have Deaver +4 HDs on the truck. Installing the front Fox Factory Racing 3.0s in the front today. STOKED!!!

Question: how much preload are you running on them? I've asked the mechanic to put them in with 0 adjustment to the collar and see where it stands. I'm looking for about a 1.5" rake. My HD's have settled in nicely after hauling some shit for awhile. I know everyone's truck will be different, but I'm curious what settings you're using on the FFR3.0s and what results you're seeing?
I am in the middle of installing the fronts now. At 0 preload my truck went from 41 3/4” to 42 1/4”. It still needs to settle but should sit about level I am hoping

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Take that back. After running around the block they settled in at 41” both sides. Rear is at 42” even.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score

Install is all finished. 42 1/2” rear and 41” front which is the 1.5” rake you are looking for. I have Deaver +4HD and stock shackles and Fox race 3.0 at 0 preload. CB9B3A31-96CA-40B4-AFA0-7F6E554D7A59.jpeg26EE86EF-2111-4239-A1AB-C4D5FEB1D014.jpeg

Reaction score
Install is all finished. 42 1/2” rear and 41” front which is the 1.5” rake you are looking for. I have Deaver +4HD and stock shackles and Fox race 3.0 at 0 preload. View attachment 168887View attachment 168886
F*ing brilliant, thank you @dixonk ! Couldn't have asked for better feedback. I'll keep mine at 0" preload and report back when it's done and driven around the block.

Reaction score
UPDATE: FFR3.0's installed on front. Alignment done. Recalibrated ride height. 0.0" adjustment on the coilover. Rake appears "stock"ish, just a slightly higher ride. 41.5"ish in the front, 43.0"ish rear. Driver's side is nearly 0.2" higher so I might have it dialed in to level at some point. I'm a bantamweight so sitting in the truck wouldn't level that out -not that anyone would notice the bias.

The Deaver +4HDs are squeaking, with only a thousand miles or so on them. I'm going to give them a call. They shouldn't rust/squeak this soon :mad:

Driving experience. I only have about 100 miles on the new front coilovers. It's night/day compared to the stock fronts with the SVC CAS system. Previously it bounced like a pogostick over the road. I didn't mind the firmness so much, but the handling didn't behave like it could keep the tires to the ground as well as even stock. Too much preload and in my opinion, not a great compromise. However, thus far the truck handles on the road like a plush happy little buddy should; It's a little more firm and confident in a corner, soaks up bumps like a stock ride -possibly better. I'll be in the dunes next month and can report how it drives in what it was designed for. At that point I'll start to toy with the 3.0 settings.

FFR30_1.jpgFFR30_1.jpgFFR30_2.jpgFFR30_3.jpg

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really interesting setup - I landed on planning a very similar setup, but hadn't seen anyone else with it.

I am planning FFR 3.0's up front or at least debating the cost/benefit of them over Eibachs. I still have lots of life left in my live valve Fox's on my 19, so might do the Eibachs for now and swap out when the shocks need servicing.

Reading this thread locks in the Deaver +4HD for my application on stock shackles. Can switch to longer shackles if I don't offroad with 500 or 600lbs and just run around with about 200 lbs of rack/tonneau and everyday carry gear.

I'm not doing high speed desert running, so might just do stock bumps with a plate for now.

I'm not sure I would need to do the C.A.S - interested in your thinking there. With the adjustability of the FFR3, seems like it isn't really necessary (for me). I don't mind a bit of rake when generally unloaded, then sit about level with full overland loadout. I would rather avoid premature wear on the front components if I can help it.

Was cost the only reason you didn't do the FFR 3's in the rear? Opting for the bump stops to handle the harder hits instead?

How is everything holding up for you?

1625329930849.png
UPDATE: FFR3.0's installed on front. Alignment done. Recalibrated ride height. 0.0" adjustment on the coilover. Rake appears "stock"ish, just a slightly higher ride. 41.5"ish in the front, 43.0"ish rear. Driver's side is nearly 0.2" higher so I might have it dialed in to level at some point. I'm a bantamweight so sitting in the truck wouldn't level that out -not that anyone would notice the bias.

Reaction score
The CAS is not necessary for the FFR 3.0; They are coilovers. The CAS would provide preload / ride height adjustment for the stock front shocks. It's a compromise but it provides some of the adjustability of a coilover for much less cost. Talk to @svc for details.

I didn't do the rear FFR 3.0s due to cost. Exactly. It's less of a priority for the rear as they were for the front. The bumpstops were a no-brainer for the protection. The FFR 3.0s do not substitute or replace the use of bumpstops. Apples and oranges.

I'm very happy with the setup thus far besides the rusting/squeaking Deavers. However Deaver gave me amazing service and they are sending me a replacement.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do the rear FFR 3.0s due to cost. Exactly. It's less of a priority for the rear as they were for the front. The bumpstops were a no-brainer for the protection. The FFR 3.0s do not substitute or replace the use of bumpstops. Apples and oranges.

I'm very happy with the setup thus far besides the rusting/squeaking Deavers. However Deaver gave me amazing service and they are sending me a replacement.

Thanks - makes total sense and good to hear re Deaver service!