Deaver +3 or +4 (Live Shock Reset on page 3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thor4v4

Reaction score
I have Geiser Springs up front. Stock Leafs in rear right now. I've got some HD + 4 Deavers (M44 is their other name) going on in the back. Gonna add a shackle too. I have a bed on there and some gear in back at all times. Hoping a shackle will bring things to a nice height in rear for most situations. If I get heavier with gear I can remove shackle although I was told to mind the brake lines then during articulation. Curious if anyone has run HD+4 Deavers with no shackle.

https://www.instagram.com/thor4v4/

Last edited:

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I have Geiser Springs up front. Stock Leafs in rear right now. I've got some HD + 4 Deavers (M44 is their other name) going on in the back. Gonna add a shackle too. I have a bed on there and some gear in back at all times. Hoping a shackle will bring things to a nice height in rear for most situations. If I get heavier with gear I can remove shackle although I was told to mind the brake lines then during articulation. Curious if anyone has run HD+4 Deavers with no shackle.

I will have my +4HD on next Monday with no shackle. 350lbs in bed. I can show you pics next week sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm running the +4 Deavers with the stock shackles. I also recently added RPG traction bars. No issues so far.

RaptorDXB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a swarfworks rear mounted warn xeon platinum 12s winch and my spare in the bed with a pro eagle, my garage and I here in Dubai are debating whether I need the +3HD or regular +3 to go with fox 3.0 bypass, to achieve a 2 inch lift all around, any pointers greatly appreciated, I'm installing the Camburg 2.5 (fox) bumpstop as well. As you have guessed all desert driving here in the sandpit.

06HAOLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You better go with the +3 HD Deavers with that much weight. The regular Deavers cannot carry that much weight and will quickly sag.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Hi, I have a swarfworks rear mounted warn xeon platinum 12s winch and my spare in the bed with a pro eagle, my garage and I here in Dubai are debating whether I need the +3HD or regular +3 to go with fox 3.0 bypass, to achieve a 2 inch lift all around, any pointers greatly appreciated, I'm installing the Camburg 2.5 (fox) bumpstop as well. As you have guessed all desert driving here in the sandpit.
Definitely HD.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
thanks guys, HD it is
Since you are overseas you May think to go +4hd and get drop shackles if the stance isn’t where you like it. If you get +3 and your load puts the truck nose high then you are stuck. I bought +4 and was torn between the two. When I installed them my rear end was only 1/4” higher than the front and by eye it looks dead level.

RaptorDXB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you are overseas you May think to go +4hd and get drop shackles if the stance isn’t where you like it. If you get +3 and your load puts the truck nose high then you are stuck. I bought +4 and was torn between the two. When I installed them my rear end was only 1/4” higher than the front and by eye it looks dead level.
that’s a great idea, I just checked their quote and they included Camburg rear MIG shackles, do you think I should get stock length or extended length?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
that’s a great idea, I just checked their quote and they included Camburg rear MIG shackles, do you think I should get stock length or extended length?
Some guys need them and some don’t. I am sitting level on stock shackles. But swapping shackles is a much cheaper option than getting all new leaf springs.