Deaver +3 or +4 (Live Shock Reset on page 3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright everyone, I had the Eibachs and Deaver + 4 HD's and drop shackles installed today.

Before measurements:
Front - 40in
Rear - 40in (with jack, tools and tool box and Retax cover) No weight stock was 41.5

After measurements:
Front - 41.5in
Rear Driver side - 41.75in ( jack is on this side)
Rear Passenger side - 42in

As far as ride, it feels very close to stock, I'm really happy with the results. I'll post pics later, it looks pretty damn close to being level.

20200120_215300.jpg

20200120_215236.jpg

20200120_215308.jpg

Last edited:

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright everyone, I had the Eibachs and Deaver + 4 HD's and drop shackles installed today.

Before measurements:
Front - 40in
Rear - 40in (with jack, tools and tool box and Retax cover) No weight stock was 41.5

After measurements:
Front - 41.5in

As far as ride, it feels very close to stock, I'm really happy with the results. I'll post pics later, it looks pretty damn close to being level.

View attachment 136123

View attachment 136124

View attachment 136125

How much did the drop shackles decrease the rear height?

Do you notice the ride being rougher with the HD rear springs?

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the drop shackles bring it down around an inch. It might be a little stiffer in the rear, but with the Live Valve shocks it rides pretty good. I've had the +3 HD springs on my Gen 1 Raptor, NO drop shackles and over 300lbs in the bed. I think these rear springs will really shine on high speed offroad and carrying more weight or towing.

06HAOLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on Deaver +3HD springs yesterday to complement my Eibach springs up front on my 2019 Supercab. I still have the RPG bump kit to install in the next few weeks.

Measurements with empty bed:

Front: 42” ground to fender

Rear: 44” ground to fender

On Offroad trips I run a SDHQ tire rack with 2 spare tires, Pro Eagle jack, and 2 fuel jugs.

I’m going to keep two tires in the bed for now and see if the rake decreases after a few weeks

715066D5-3F4A-403C-A6B7-88A3A15F93DA.jpeg

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
I put on Deaver +3HD springs yesterday to complement my Eibach springs up front on my 2019 Supercab. I still have the RPG bump kit to install in the next few weeks.

Measurements with empty bed:

Front: 42” ground to fender

Rear: 44” ground to fender

On Offroad trips I run a SDHQ tire rack with 2 spare tires, Pro Eagle jack, and 2 fuel jugs.

I’m going to keep two tires in the bed for now and see if the rake decreases after a few weeks

View attachment 161101

Damn clean Scab ! Post some more pics of it if you would. I’ve got a 18’ scab with eibachs up front and looking to do rear springs here soon. How are you liking those Deaver +3 HD’s ? Is it a lot stiffer with a empty bed ? Was looking at + 3 or + 4 regular springs. I don’t think I would need the HD since I don’t tow anything big and all I carry on a daily basis is a bed cover and some tow straps

06HAOLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn clean Scab ! Post some more pics of it if you would. I’ve got a 18’ scab with eibachs up front and looking to do rear springs here soon. How are you liking those Deaver +3 HD’s ? Is it a lot stiffer with a empty bed ? Was looking at + 3 or + 4 regular springs. I don’t think I would need the HD since I don’t tow anything big and all I carry on a daily basis is a bed cover and some tow straps
These Deaver HDs made the truck a lot smoother to the point that my wife made comments about it. I carry a lot of weight on my offroad trips so I had to go with the HDs over the SDs. My only issue is the ride current height. I might add a 1” drop shackle to get the ride height where I want it. I should be level with my full camping load out and have a 1” rake when the truck is empty.

Here is a photo of how bad the truck was sagging on stock leafs.

C8CCABDC-954A-4A90-BECA-19F47D9640AF.jpeg

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These Deaver HDs made the truck a lot smoother to the point that my wife made comments about it. I carry a lot of weight on my offroad trips so I had to go with the HDs over the SDs. My only issue is the ride current height. I might add a 1” drop shackle to get the ride height where I want it. I should be level with my full camping load out and have a 1” rake when the truck is empty.

Here is a photo of how bad the truck was sagging on stock leafs.

View attachment 161345

How many pounds you think you have to cause that level of sag?

Good info in this thread. Thanks for posting!

OP
OP
RaptorVette

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit: I re-installed the stock shackles and shortly after this post and with the rear tires @ 34psi, the rear was still at 42inch from fender to the ground.

Before measurements:
Front - 40in

After measurements:
Front - 41.5in

View attachment 136123

View attachment 136124

View attachment 136125

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Deaved+3 HD, The ride quality didn't suffer or too stiff when your bed is empty or light load? I am on the fence with that set up but I don't do heavy off road at all just some back road camping trips with a lot of camping gears and a RTT. 90% of the time the bed with have less then 60 lbs in it.