Deaver +3 and stock front springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am asking because the truck I recently purchased has deaver +3 in the rear. I recently removed the winch setup and aftermarket front bumper, both pretty heavy, and went back to stock bumper. The front coils are not stock by appearance. removing the weight made front sit to high for my taste. I am considering putting stock coils in to bring it down. I was wondering if it will lower front to much? Any input or pics if you have this setup would be appreciated.

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What perch is the front at? Instead of spending money on even used coils, you could just go to mid or low perch, depending where your starting from...

I run ICON springs (w/o the add-a-leaf installed) with a +2 inch shackle (which lowers the rear due to our spring configuration) and I sit about 43" from ground to middle of wheel arch in the rear... I run geiser springs in the front and just recently went to mid-perch from low because the geisers had settled... at low perch they were at 40 3/4" or so from ground to middle of wheel arch (they were at 42" at low perch upon installation and initial settling - spoken spirited driving offroad)... this is pretty typical for the geisers... at mid-perch i'm back at 42" in the front again... my profile picture is my front at 40 3/4" with the rear at 43" or so...

OP
OP
roush_14

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The front appears to be on lowest perch, I cant see a grove below perch. rough measurements are about 42.5 front and 44 rear as it sits now. If the stock springs bring front down about 1 or 1.5 i think ill be happy w it. Also the front feels a little stiff vs other raptors i have driven that is why i was thinking stock springs might soften it up a bit?

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The front appears to be on lowest perch, I cant see a grove below perch. rough measurements are about 42.5 front and 44 rear as it sits now. If the stock springs bring front down about 1 or 1.5 i think ill be happy w it. Also the front feels a little stiff vs other raptors i have driven that is why i was thinking stock springs might soften it up a bit?
Are you sure you don’t have a top hat spacer? Seems a bit high at low perch. Maybe post a pic

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look like Geisers, that would explain the extra height even at low perch.

OP
OP
roush_14

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also my ford parts guy dropped these off this morning,so I guess I will find out when I swap them.

Attachments

• 1201211528.jpg
    1201211528.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 11

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my geisers at mid-perch I remember the front being sky high, all measurements are from ground to center of wheel arch, a little over 43" so I took it all apart and put them in at low perch and got 42" or so... drove them for quite a while, lots of abuse and they settled gradually to a little under 41"... just took them apart again and put to mid-perch and they quickly settled in at a smidge over 42"....

Geiser states 2.5" of lift at mid-perch...