Deaver +2 & SVC Bumpstop Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetG

Reaction score
the springs are 1300-1400 if you aren't ordering a custom rate or having them powder coated.

Install should take a couple hours. That cost would depend on shop rate.

I would get basically the same setup he has, wonder if it would be a good idea to have them powder coated? How much are the bump stops ?

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I went to visit the guys down at SVC today to have some Deaver +2s and their bump stop kit installed. The rear end of the truck has always bothered me since day 1 - very skittish and unpredictable at times. I learned about the Deavers from this forum early on. I knew it was a mod that I had to do and that day was today. On my bumper to bumper drive home I could immediately notice the difference. It is so good in fact, that now the front feels 'meh' in comparison :ROFLJest: I definitely need more seat time but so far, it is as others have stated, night and day. The OEM leaf springs are very scrawny compared to the Deaver units. I think Ford cheaped out or wanted to save weight and basically 'over sprung' the rear springs, at least that is how it felt and that is how they look.

It took the guys at SVC about 4 hours to do the work as I sat on my lazy ass on their couch :D

So, I have nothing done suspension other that the rear springs and bump kit. I didn't want to do collars yet as I want to see how the truck behaves as it is first to see which direction I want to go. I'll chime in later with updates as I have more hours with them.

IMG_5188.jpg

Thanks again!

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would get basically the same setup he has, wonder if it would be a good idea to have them powder coated? How much are the bump stops ?

Yeah you can't use the OEM bump stops with the Deaver springs so you have to do something... The SVC kit with the fox IPS bumps is ~$1600. There was a small sale going on when I bought, springs + bump kit was just over $3k installed. I am in SoCal so powder coating isn't a necessity like it would be in parts of the country with snow/salty winters...

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats and I agree with Raven13 100%

Wish SVC was close to me!

I just plasti dipped my Fox bump collars, I can’t stand gold on a vehicle. Probably won’t hold up but going to give it a try.

abca8ed645be39a72e556b5348cc9288.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a waisted effort. When you tighten them down you’ll tear the plastidip off

JetG

Reaction score
Yeah you can't use the OEM bump stops with the Deaver springs so you have to do something... The SVC kit with the fox IPS bumps is ~$1600. There was a small sale going on when I bought, springs + bump kit was just over $3k installed. I am in SoCal so powder coating isn't a necessity like it would be in parts of the country with snow/salty winters...

Wonder if they will run another sale LOL... I live in Houston Tx so doubt it would be necessary to have it coated. The most I would do is a little beach driving, so all in around 3K isn't bad at all

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deaver +2 & SVC Bumpstop Kit

That was a waisted effort. When you tighten them down you’ll tear the plastidip off

Your probably right, I will most likely have to have them anodized. Wonder if the King collars are the same thread pitch etc.

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your probably right, I will most likely have to have them anodized. Wonder if the King collars are the same thread pitch etc.

They are not. But take it to a powder coated and have it done to match the king blue. That’s what I did with mine. No issues

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

svc should have their current pricing on their website. IIRC they also sell a package "kit" with everything that you're looking for.

I didnt get mine power coated. If you care what the springs look like, you should get them powdered.

I dont really care, so I'm impartial to how the deavers look now. ( they arent super pretty).

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After some more miles I can say that these springs have exceeded my expectations. There is no more drama in the rear end. At all. The 2WD traction is vastly improved as well. Many times I would gun it and over uneven surfaces the rear would lose traction and the tires would spin. No more. Ford should have put these springs on the truck OEM.

If anyone is on the fence, get off and do it. You will only be sorry you didn't put them in sooner.