Deaver +2 or Deaver +3 with Shackle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question - is it possible to have a suspension shop simply add a leaf or 2 to the stock rear springs in order to achieve similar added firmness & a little height like a set of deavers? Thing is - I thought this was fairly common practice @ suspension shops particularly truck oriented ones, and @ the same time see TONS of threads about adding deaver or icon leafs to gen 2 raptors in place of taller blocks like some regular 1/2 ton leveling kits & yet I don't think I've seen ANYONE talk about adding leafs to the stock springs to achieve a similar ride/stance

I'm not going to assume you'd be able to achieve the same spring rate & progression etc. as a set of new deavers, but it should be an improvement over stock or at least in the right direction as going w/ deavers no??

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Question - is it possible to have a suspension shop simply add a leaf or 2 to the stock rear springs in order to achieve similar added firmness & a little height like a set of deavers? Thing is - I thought this was fairly common practice @ suspension shops particularly truck oriented ones, and @ the same time see TONS of threads about adding deaver or icon leafs to gen 2 raptors in place of taller blocks like some regular 1/2 ton leveling kits & yet I don't think I've seen ANYONE talk about adding leafs to the stock springs to achieve a similar ride/stance

I'm not going to assume you'd be able to achieve the same spring rate & progression etc. as a set of new deavers, but it should be an improvement over stock or at least in the right direction as going w/ deavers no??

Don't know if it's this thread or a different one but I did read where someone did just that, they added one extra spring and I believe it was around $400.00 installed and it raised it one inch they stated.

I suppose you could add two.

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
If I had 5k, heres what I would do If I wasnt going to off road very hard. Get Icon or Deaver rear springs and youll see an immediate difference. Then buy a set of Fox of King front coilovers and sell your brand new stock shocks to make up some loss. That will cost your about 4k. UCA's are good if your going to need greater articulation over a stock ball joint. The ICON Delta Joints are some of the best. It also is good in the fact you can get alignment from the UCA instead of the LCA and you can buy the LCA locks and set them in place forever. Or you can leave the UCA's alone since your not going to off road hard and spend your money on a good Pro Eagle Jack and mount an onboard compressor or air bottle. Do you live in California by chance ?

Ok, I have a 2019 with the live valve shocks so I'm not sure I'd want to switch just yet.

Have been looking at the Pro Eagle jack and although it's expensive I'm going to purchase that one for sure.

I thought when you start changing springs out that it might change the stock angle of the UCL therefore reducing articulation in one way or another, not really sure how it's affected on the 2019 yet???

I like the idea of LCA locks.

I live near St Louis.

Thanks for the information.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought when you start changing springs out that it might change the stock angle of the UCL therefore reducing articulation in one way or another, not really sure how it's affected on the 2019 yet???
Changing the static ride height doesn't reduce articulation, but does change the percentage of compression to droop ratio...the stock ride height is about 50/50 which means you have about 6.5" of compression and about 6.5" of droop travel. This is a nice overall compromise of street comfort to off road handling. I like to set up my suspension on my trucks more like about 60/40 in favor of more compression travel for better off road capability...

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can absolutely add a leaf, but the goal of the rear is to remove that 2" block. More block usually translates to more axle rap, which our Raptors suffer from bad. In a nutshell in most instance blocks suck. Ive seen so many deals for rear leaf springs, I would just get the Deavers or Icons that are sprung properly.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a 2019 with the live valve shocks so I'm not sure I'd want to switch just yet.

Have been looking at the Pro Eagle jack and although it's expensive I'm going to purchase that one for sure.

I like the idea of LCA locks.

I live near St Louis.

Thanks for the information.

https://www.neo-garage.com/collecti...2019-ford-raptor-fox-3-0-live-valve-coilovers
There is your live valve solution.

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Last edited:

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL!, those are sweet. It would save me about $500 total on buying Eibach or Geiser front springs too.

I wonder what I could get for live valve shocks with on 10,*** miles on them. Hmmmm

Dang they let you use PayPal, that's a sweet set-up but it would be that cost x 2 ouch!

Gotta pay to play they say.
They never read anyones bank account balance at their funeral.... Go broke or die tryin...lol

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the Fox 3.0 fronts come shipped at mid perch? I am level right now at mid perch and I am going to add the +3 Deavers in the back and the Fox 3.0s in the front. From what I am reading that will put me 1” higher in the back? If the 3.0s come mid perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can absolutely add a leaf, but the goal of the rear is to remove that 2" block. More block usually translates to more axle rap, which our Raptors suffer from bad. In a nutshell in most instance blocks suck. Ive seen so many deals for rear leaf springs, I would just get the Deavers or Icons that are sprung properly.

Didn’t realize the blocks were the main culprit for the axle hop thought it was from the leafs being too soft, but that makes sense...although i

I didn’t realize the block was the bigger culprit for the axle hop issues thought it was mostly from stock leafs being too softly sprung but that makes sense.

I don’t even do a lot of off-roading but I get annoyed w/ the rear end squirting around & putting extra stress on the axles/diff & rear end in general just from hustling around on the street especially on uneven roads.

I’ll probably get the front springs first this winter & save some coin for +3 deavers in spring/summer when I’m back to loading up the bed w/ crap and/or trailering something, one of my main reasons for swapping springs is I hate the nose high squat look & also feel like I’m putting more wear/tear on the rear shocks than I want by loading up bed w/ gear or hardscape block, pallets, wood chips etc. I also would like the front end to sit a little higher for looks & additional clearance.

Everything seems a lil different & more expensive on these Gen 2 Raptors than what I’ve been used to over the years & “regular” 1/2 tons