Deaver +2 or Deaver +3 with Shackle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With plus 4 what setting do you use for svt bump stop? Geisers and plus 4's is a perfect stance. Basically factory stance , plus 2 inches

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went +4. depends how much weight you carry in the back

How do you like it? I’m probably going to do +4’s with a drop shackle. Don’t tow or carry anything really, just a commuter. It rides the same as +3’s I’m assuming, just 1” more lift.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is completely stock right now (minus some superficial stuff like Line-X and a Tonneau).

What would I need to consider for the brake lines? Do I need longer and/or tougher lines, or just a new place to route them?
I’m sorry brother. I should have quoted the post above mine.

I was asking how their truck was setup.

I’m to stoopid to understand how shackles and leafs work together so I don’t know if a combination of drop shackle and +3 deavers would require longer brake lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The main benefit of +3 deavers w/longer drop shackles over just +2 is that you get more rear suspension droop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main benefit of +3 deavers w/longer drop shackles over just +2 is that you get more rear suspension droop.

This is something I am looking at in the future too but my goal would be less suspension droop with load (ie Trailer). I am guessing based on this comment +2 would be best for that situation.

Is +2 less droop than +3 with shackles???

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is something I am looking at in the future too but my goal would be less suspension droop with load (ie Trailer). I am guessing based on this comment +2 would be best for that situation.

Is +2 less droop than +3 with shackles???
I think you're confusing "droop" with "squat".

Droop is what you get when the truck is unloaded. For example, if you're offroading, and one of your tires is off the ground, the "droop" will allow the tire to essentially reach for the ground to try to make contact again.

Squat is how much the suspension compresses when you put a load on it. For example, when you put a load in the bed, it's how much your bumper gets closer to the ground.

Not knowing anything about the +2 vs +3 Deavers, I would GUESS that the spring rates are the same, so you would essentially get equal amounts of squat (given the same loads) between both options. However, the +3 with a longer shackle is going to allow for more droop than the +2.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
With plus 4 what setting do you use for svt bump stop? Geisers and plus 4's is a perfect stance. Basically factory stance , plus 2 inches

Is it necessary for new upper control arms?

Last edited:

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I'm planning my first suspension upgrades for my '19 SCrew, and I've been reading everything I could find here on the forums. I have two goals with this upgrade: I want to "fix" the rear suspension, which feels unsettled on-road and I also want to get some hands-on experience with the Raptor suspension (since I'm sure I'll need it for repairs once I start really off-roading it).

I'm trying to decide between these two options:

1. Deaver +2 with RPG bump-stops.
  2. Deaver +3 with a drop shackle and RPG bump-stops.
I want to keep the height the same, since I'm not currently planning to do anything to the front of the truck (next project!). Will the second option (Deaver +3 and shackle) feel the same as the first option, but give me more options later? Or is there a notable difference in the "feel" of these options that I should be considering? I've read that people are using option #2, but I haven't been able to find any comparisons between these options in the previous forum posts.

Anything else I should be considering for a first suspension upgrade?

Thank you!

I watched a You Tube video where a gentleman stated if you're going to do springs the do the front first especially if you're hard core off roading as the other way around could cause damage to the front.