Deaver +2 or Deaver +3 with Shackle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you need to add bump stops period when swapping leafs even these HD/+4s?
You do NOT have to buy an aftermarket bump stop kit, you can use the factory bump stops BUT you will have to purchase a strike pad kit for the factory bumpstops to strike as the factory strike pads are removed with any Deaver spring pak...

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with limited funds some would rather have a traction bar or torque arm than new springs, dollar for dollar

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like this thread. I was curious about the +3 with drop shackles or the +2 and found answers. I can’t see any reason not to go with the +3 and shackles to keep the stock height and have an option later.

Last edited:

Kylepaqu

Reaction score
Deavers:

Plus 2: Will duplicate the factory ride height with the factory 2" blocks removed.
Plus 3: Will be the same as above but just lift the rear aprox 1.0"
Plus 4: Will be same as above except lifting the rear 2.0"
All above basically same spring rates. Going to the "HD" on the Deaver part number still applies to above except the HD has a higher spring rate for towing/hauling.

Everything above is with a stock length shackle.
2.0" longer shackle: Will drop the rear end height aprox 1.0" no matter what spring set up you have from above. Two advantages are a more compliant ride and more droop..NOTE: You only get the droop if you run longer shocks thru the bed, the stock shocks are the droop limiter in stock form.

I run the Deaver +3 but with longer shackles so stock rear height...now Im going to Baja with 4 people and gear so installing a stock length shackle (Camburg) giving me about 1" increase in rear height. Empty the truck will taller then stock but looking at a set of front Geiser springs to level....

Hey I have +3 deavers with stock shackles so I’m raised 1” in the back, I have Geiser springs in front on mid perch which makes truck sit perfectly level. My question is if I get the svc bump stop kit will it still work properly with the truck lifted 1” in the rear? I’m mainly talking about when in the tow setting.

SeanM

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at deavers and found this thread. Anyone have experience with +2 HDs with little full time weight in the bed?
Not +2 but running +3HD’s. Have approx 200lb’s of weight at all times including Diamondback HD cover and some full-time gear. Ride is great, similar to stock but more planted. Have hauled estimated 4-500lbs+ many times and no noticeable sag, the main reason I went with HD’s. In my case Deaver shared if you’re going to run ‘any’ weight in the back and don’t want sag, get HD’s. Happy I listened.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I spoke to SVC, they recommended no drop shackles and they don't even make any.