Deaver +2 or Deaver +3 with Shackle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSCrew19

Reaction score
I'm planning my first suspension upgrades for my '19 SCrew, and I've been reading everything I could find here on the forums. I have two goals with this upgrade: I want to "fix" the rear suspension, which feels unsettled on-road and I also want to get some hands-on experience with the Raptor suspension (since I'm sure I'll need it for repairs once I start really off-roading it).

I'm trying to decide between these two options:

1. Deaver +2 with RPG bump-stops.
  2. Deaver +3 with a drop shackle and RPG bump-stops.
I want to keep the height the same, since I'm not currently planning to do anything to the front of the truck (next project!). Will the second option (Deaver +3 and shackle) feel the same as the first option, but give me more options later? Or is there a notable difference in the "feel" of these options that I should be considering? I've read that people are using option #2, but I haven't been able to find any comparisons between these options in the previous forum posts.

Anything else I should be considering for a first suspension upgrade?

Thank you!

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is one of our shop trucks with Deaver +3 with RPG bump kit and RPG drop shackles. Rides great! Tons of suspension articulation. Would definitely recommend. Let us know if we can get you a quote on anything.

7CCF996F-5130-4AA6-B111-F860228C99D5.jpeg

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could be more help but this is all so new and confusing to me. What are the differences between +2 and +3? And why do you need a drop shackle? The shackle is the part that connects the rear of the spring to the truck, right? All I want to run is a cap, fridge, rooftop tent, and some other camping equipment without having the rear squat too much. Maybe you're in the same boat?

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following... as I’m considering +3s with stock height shackles or +4s with a drop shackle. (Want to put 37’s on)

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the front springs stock or after market?

Any other considerations for going with +3 and a drop shackle, is brake lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BlueSCrew19

BlueSCrew19

Reaction score
Are the front springs stock or after market?

Any other considerations for going with +3 and a drop shackle, is brake lines?

The truck is completely stock right now (minus some superficial stuff like Line-X and a Tonneau).

What would I need to consider for the brake lines? Do I need longer and/or tougher lines, or just a new place to route them?

OP
OP
BlueSCrew19

BlueSCrew19

Reaction score
I wish I could be more help but this is all so new and confusing to me. What are the differences between +2 and +3? And why do you need a drop shackle? The shackle is the part that connects the rear of the spring to the truck, right? All I want to run is a cap, fridge, rooftop tent, and some other camping equipment without having the rear squat too much. Maybe you're in the same boat?

I'm also really new at this! The Deaver's get rid of the factory block, which is a 2" block that sits between the bottom of your factory leaf springs and the top of your axle. That means a +2" Deaver spring will make the truck exactly the same height as a stock truck (minus the 2" block, plus 2" from the Deaver). Similarly, a +3 will bring you 1" over the stock height, for the same reason. The shackle is the part that connects the rear of the spring to the truck, and I'm considering a 2" long shackle (stock is 1", to my understanding), so that in combination with the +3 Deaver springs the truck will sit at stock height, rather than 1" over. That is what I have gleaned from watching YouTube videos and reading this forum, and you can blame me for any wild misunderstandings here :)

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much of a help yet, but I have +3 deavers with the rpg drop shackles and a svt bump stop kit on the way and will be installing as soon as possible. I’m running 1.5 spacers up front. I think you’re on the right track and off-road alliance beat the other prices I was quoted. Lots of information to dig through on here.