Deaver +2 HD or Icon Multi-Stage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duracell24

Reaction score
Looking for some advice...

I normally drive unloaded with 120-150# in the bed (counting my tonneau cover). However, every year I drive across country to elk hunt. This will be my first year doing so in the Raptor. Worst (or actually best) case is that my buddy and I down two elk. With all of our gear, coolers, meat, RTT, etc, we would be looking at 900# in the bed for a cross country trip. I know I’m gonna blow through the truck’s payloads capacity, hence why I’m looking to help it out a bit with an upgraded rear leaf.

I want to keep the truck’s stance and ride as close to stock as much as possible. I love it minus the occasional wheel hop I get from the rear.

I was initially going to go with Deaver SD +2s until I read they sag even more under load than the stock leaf.

I am now trying to decide between the Deaver HD +2s or the Icon Multi-Stage. The Deaver would be fine for the trip, I’m concerned with how it would perform with only 120-150# in the bed for the rest of the year. The Icons I would initially set Option 1, and just put them into Option 3 for the trip and then return to Option 1 once I return. My concern with the Icons is how much of a pain it would be to swap them twice a year as well as the slight raise in the back end for Option 1.

What is the opinion of those out there smarter than me? Anything I’m not considering? What route would you go if you were in my shoes? Thanks!

Last edited:

MattHamby598

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you considered the roadmaster active suspension? It's an easy bolt on that will accomplish what your looking to do the few times you need the additional payload.
You don't want to be adding a leaf then taking it apart when y9ou don't need it. If you really want HD springs, get them and use a drop shackle to adjust for the ride height your looking for

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The deavers do not sag under load more than the OEM, wherever you heard that is wrong. The HD is designed for heavier loads and you don't sacrifice comfort without a load. I went deaver - they are proven and deaver are the oldest spring maker in the country. I have nothing agains the Icon springs I just think the deavers are better :)

OP
OP
D

duracell24

Reaction score
The deavers do not sag under load more than the OEM, wherever you heard that is wrong. The HD is designed for heavier loads and you don't sacrifice comfort without a load. I went deaver - they are proven and deaver are the oldest spring maker in the country. I have nothing agains the Icon springs I just think the deavers are better :)

Did you go Deaver SD or HD?

Todd H

Reaction score
Check out the SVC adjustable bumpstops with the Deavers... Lower the bumps all the way down for your hunting trip and the rest of the year enjoy the nice ride.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the icon multi stage in option 2 but I've also got eibach front springs. I've been very happy with anywhere from 100-600lbs in the bed. They seem to be very compliant on and off road, way better than the OEM leafs ever were.

n8doggnp

Reaction score
I'm running the icon multi stage in option 2 but I've also got eibach front springs. I've been very happy with anywhere from 100-600lbs in the bed. They seem to be very compliant on and off road, way better than the OEM leafs ever were.

I've been considering that exact setup, are you level or do you still have a slight rake?

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I can't really tell, it looks level but there might be a slight-ish rake if i measured it.