Death Valley trip. Covid 19 extreme social distancing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AnacortesTom

AnacortesTom

Reaction score
Over all I damaged the relocated license plate frame 14.00 on eBay. Minor damage to front skid plate, a small scratch on driver side mirror that may still come off. With the width I did have the wife leaning on the bushes in quite a few areas to keep the branches off the paint but am really surprised with 2 weeks of daily crawling over rocks and 90 mph on the straight open washes It all washed off! I kept a 5 gallon gas can and used it twice. The trip from the west side to the barker ranch then over the pass East to the geologists cabin I had filled at stovepipe and then at the end I filled again at furnace creek before heading to saline valley. Harder was leaving borrego springs and entering canyon sin nombre, devils drop off, split mountain with side trips in the middle. That was stretching it. Found I get 23 miles a gallon setting adaptive cruise on the shortest following distance behind a semi on the highway

OP
OP
AnacortesTom

AnacortesTom

Reaction score
I recommend all the trails and passes I traveled if your with a full crawler as a buddy. Didn’t need to be drug off any of the boulders but I had to stack a ton of rocks to keep from being high centered. If I had of slipped off the wrong stack I would of ended up needing to have a truck with me that could get around me and winch me off in a direction that wouldn’t cause further damage. I have a rock buggy and a locked up cj5 at home to practice with. My buddy that meet me there was fully locked with a Marlin crawler. He was very disappointed I brought my raptor but was very impressed once he saw it in action and got a ride in it. I liked the hot springs and geologists cabin most. The cabin is there for anyone to use and there was 3 others in the area. People just raise the American flag to let others know they are staying. They were all empty with this covid going on

06FD379E-16BD-4923-A099-472852DC4F37.jpeg

BD8C0536-3B2F-4F1A-899C-7904000B9CEC.jpeg