Death Valley, Barker (Manson)Ranch and Trona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Logged in a couple of hundred miles in the desert this past weekend.

Were ya'll heading out, up (southbound, up the hill) Trona Road out of Poison Canyon towards Highway 395, about 6 PM on Sunday? Looks like a group I saw and waved at (in my 2018 blue SCREW) about that time, I was at a cross street stop sign.

I would have been in this:
Truck_radios_01.jpg

T!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were ya'll heading out, up (southbound, up the hill) Trona Road out of Poison Canyon towards Highway 395, about 6 PM on Sunday? Looks like a group I saw and waved at (in my 2018 blue SCREW) about that time, I was at a cross street stop sign.

View attachment 352460

T!
Wow - VHF HF? 850/1900Mhz? What we got going on here? CB radio/DeathStar/Nebuchadnezzar

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - VHF HF? 850/1900Mhz? What we got going on here? CB radio/DeathStar/Nebuchadnezzar

HF, 3.5 to 30 MHz, all inclusive (ham band only transmit...of course ;) ). I can do 160 meters if I really want it, but the antenna efficiency is in the toilet on that band, works, but not great. CB. Ham VHF / UHF bands 6M, 2M, 70 cm, also 23 cm, but that antenna is not up in that picture. VHF Business freqs (Weatherman, etc). FRS. Monitor (receive only) below 1 MHz to 1300 MHz.

The top antennas all lay down, and the whip on the HF antenna is a quick disconnect, so I can pull in garages or drive throughs.

T!

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score

View attachment 352460
Yeah, I saw you!