Dearborn Update(Pics). Appears to be movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does appear that the VIN hold on the ford tracker was removed -- but, I think @KevoUsmc is right. Ford simply put a rule in place to block external API access. Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long.

I'm still "in production" at this point again -- No ETA. We're back to checking with the dealerships again.

Derrick

Reaction score
Same boat, all the other trackers are down with no info and Ford's tracker back to old info it was showing 3 weeks ago. Maybe they are getting alot of heat because they were showing info about trucks done and ready to be delivered and others are still sitting waiting for parts that were built earlier.

drnimrod

Reaction score
Nothing works for me except the Ford tracking site. Did Ford disable Mach-E or something? Still holding at 12/31. I agree would love to see a picture of an empty parking lot!!!
They most likely changed the required keys for connecting to the tracker API, which would explain none of the "third party" trackers working.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just talked to a salesman today. about the lot of 2021s sitting there. I asked if 22's would be on hold until they clear that lot. he said not necessarily. All depends on wether or not those sitting there with auto start/stop option. they need different chips to complete than one that doesn't. from what he understands a lot of 22's that got rid of that option could jump ahead. he said that a tech told him that there were multiple chips needed to allow that option to communicate with different systems. so that could be good news for 22's.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just talked to a salesman today. about the lot of 2021s sitting there. I asked if 22's would be on hold until they clear that lot. he said not necessarily. All depends on wether or not those sitting there with auto start/stop option. they need different chips to complete than one that doesn't. from what he understands a lot of 22's that got rid of that option could jump ahead. he said that a tech told him that there were multiple chips needed to allow that option to communicate with different systems. so that could be good news for 22's.
My truck has auto stop/start deleted and has been sitting since 9/29. I don't think anybody really knows what the heck is going on with these delays. That includes sales guys, dealers, Ford Performance, posters on here or anybody else. The lack of accurate communication from Ford is pathetic!