Dearborn Update(Pics). Appears to be movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedthebear

Reaction score
They’re definitely lying about the auto start/stop delete, I don’t think it was even offered as an option on the 22s and the line is supposedly up and running. (That’s not to say the 22s don’t end up sitting for some other issue)

The time and manpower needed to finish the QA/QC holds means production line will get priority always. It’s just blind luck as to whether all parts are available and nothing goes wrong when your specific vehicle moves down the line. That or you spend unknown amount of time in parking lot limbo.

Fella33

Reaction score
just talked to a salesman today. about the lot of 2021s sitting there. I asked if 22's would be on hold until they clear that lot. he said not necessarily. All depends on wether or not those sitting there with auto start/stop option. they need different chips to complete than one that doesn't. from what he understands a lot of 22's that got rid of that option could jump ahead. he said that a tech told him that there were multiple chips needed to allow that option to communicate with different systems. so that could be good news for 22's.
This is the same story my dealer told me a few days ago. He blamed the issue on the fact that my truck didn’t have the auto start/stop deleted.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has auto stop/start deleted and has been sitting since 9/29. I don't think anybody really knows what the heck is going on with these delays. That includes sales guys, dealers, Ford Performance, posters on here or anybody else. The lack of accurate communication from Ford is pathetic!
Preach on brotha!

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does appear that the VIN hold on the ford tracker was removed -- but, I think @KevoUsmc is right. Ford simply put a rule in place to block external API access. Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long.

I'm still "in production" at this point again -- No ETA. We're back to checking with the dealerships again.
Yes. Apparently, Ford wants to have a monopoly on providing no information.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its everywhere. my brother in law works for gm and he said this is creating havoc. in house. they are scrambling to make deals and start producing chips in house and doing what they can delete to use less chips. not to mention they are trying not to change anything that will effect gas mileage restrictions they have. I would not want to be dealing with that on a daily basis. sounds like a **** show for sure.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get that everyone is having issues, but the way they are handling makes no sense. I’m a home builder and we prioritize our materials based on the contract date AND we communicate with our buyers so they know what’s going on. I can’t seem to figure out how Ford is allocating materials. Some trucks are delivered within weeks of production date and others sit 2-3 months. Seems like a very strong possibility I’ll be taking delivery of a 2021 truck in 2022. I’m too far invested to give up, but my satisfaction level is pretty low at this point.

oswiff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on another thread claims his dealer told him his 22 truck is awaiting shipment. That’s insane if true. I don’t care what options that 22 has - if 22’s get delivered while many 21’s are in limbo that is crazy.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing that could possibly explain is, is that they are using different chips or different suppliers in 22's than 21's. But thats only if it was a different model. I don't know totally F U B A R'D