Deals on leftover 2019 raptor screws?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically though it's a new truck still, a 2019 is now a 1 year old model and in a kbb or nada value has taken a big hit. Dealers should be selling the truck way back into the hold back now to get rid of it. If you pay more than that you are overpaying.

Mark Up(diff between msrp and true dealer invoice from ford) on a 802a is approx $4500 and the 3% dealer hold back is approx $2500. So with no dealer add ons you should be paying $6000 or more below invoice or you are not getting a good deal on a 2019 now. At this point they should want them off of their lots and should be pricing the trucks well into their holdbacks now.

There are enough of these built that they are not the novelty they once were and with no incentives from Ford, it will be up to the dealers to give up profit to entice one to buy a 2019 instead of a 2020 at this point.

Last edited:

Bat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also poor idea to buy a premodified truck. This is where dealers kill you. They way over charge for the additions with bogus mark ups on items you could often buy way cheaper or install much better product than they did on you own.

I always pay separately of have any modifications done on my own after I purchase the truck.

If theyve modified it, they must strip all the bs off of it or buy another truck, otherwise you're likely getting screwed.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid an $895 "markup" for spray in bedliner and window tint - two things I would have done anyway. They wouldn't budge on these, either, but I figure I was within shooting distance of the cost to have it done on my own + the hassle to take it somewhere different for each, so I'm not too bent up about it. Although I may have the windows tinted again (darker).

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah bought in Cali, which I hear is the most expensive market

California dealers are absolutely delusional. I've reached out to several and I hear things like:

"We typically charge $10,000 over MSRP for our 2019 and 2020's. For a limited time only, we are willing to do just $7,500 over MSRP on 2019 models!"
"These are very hot vehicles we will never sell them for anything close to MSRP"
"We are not discounting 2019 models we will gladly keep them into 2020"

Meanwhile a 3-hour flight in any direction (other than out into the Pacific!) will save you $10k+ compared to them.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically though it's a new truck still, a 2019 is now a 1 year old model and in a kbb or nada value has taken a big hit. Dealers should be selling the truck way back into the hold back now to get rid of it. If you pay more than that you are overpaying.

Mark Up(diff between msrp and true dealer invoice from ford) on a 802a is approx $4500 and the 3% dealer hold back is approx $2500. So with no dealer add ons you should be paying $6000 or more below invoice or you are not getting a good deal on a 2019 now. At this point they should want them off of their lots and should be pricing the trucks well into their holdbacks now.

There are enough of these built that they are not the novelty they once were and with no incentives from Ford, it will be up to the dealers to give up profit to entice one to buy a 2019 instead of a 2020 at this point.
Sounds about right. 7k off with holdback would be dealer cost. Got mine 6k off, dealer said he made 1k. If you get 7k off no add ons or trade would be great deal. Might get more off with trade, but dealer makes it back in trade.

OP
OP
S

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score

good point you probably lose more on a 19 just driving it off the lot. I heard the hold back is about $1500. so in theory if you got it a 7% under MSRP less the holdback the dealer makes nothing ?