Dealor MSRP shenanigan's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpd510

Reaction score
I have a Dealer willing to sell at MSRP if I finance with them and buy a highly inflated extended warranty. I was planning to pay cash for the truck. Is there anything that would stop me from only financing say 10K, then cancel the extended warranty a week later?

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I have a Dealer willing to sell at MSRP if I finance with them and buy a highly inflated extended warranty. I was planning to pay cash for the truck. Is there anything that would stop me from only financing say 10K, then cancel the extended warranty a week later?
I am paying cash too. From what I know with Ford Credit, you wait one month, then pay it off. As for the warranty, I am not sure but also get this from another source cheaper than dealer probably.

OP
OP
M

mpd510

Reaction score
I am paying cash too. From what I know with Ford Credit, you wait one month, then pay it off. As for the warranty, I am not sure but also get this from another source cheaper than dealer probably.
thats what I was thinking. they want over double what I could get the same warranty for

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Better read the fine print on the warranty.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better read the fine print on the warranty.
I love your plan to pay back the loan and cancel the warranty ASAP, but as stated, definitely read the fine print to see how quickly you can pay off the loan and see how much you will get back, if any at all, if you cancel the warranty at the earliest possible convenience.

Just___Rel

Reaction score
SOUTH NJ DEALER just confirmed no ADM and i do not have to purchase a warranty, but he is more than happy to sell me one if I want it.

Then he said, if 21’s are partially started and they are just waiting on chips. You might see a bunch of 21’s sold well into first quarter of 22’

(let’s pretend he didn’t say that part.)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The dealer doesn't care about the extended warranty, it's just a way for them to disguise profit. If you don't want the warranty, they put in an offer for MSRP + the difference between their extended warranty price and the ESP warranty price. Dealer gets the same profit. You're over complicating it by getting a loan just to buy and cancel a warranty you don't want.

Mark Dickerson

Reaction score
SOUTH NJ DEALER just confirmed no ADM and i do not have to purchase a warranty, but he is more than happy to sell me one if I want it.

Then he said, if 21’s are partially started and they are just waiting on chips. You might see a bunch of 21’s sold well into first quarter of 22’

(let’s pretend he didn’t say that part.)
Yea I had a bunch of dealer say no ADM a few weeks ago, then the closer it got they changed their mind. The one I’m talking about in this post was one of them. The rest of them are all talking 5-10 ADM now. The one that wants me to finance and buy a warranty wants a deposit now as well which I have no problem doing if I can get MSRP