Dealing with service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloridaFireMedic

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second AMS Mike's recommendation. My Gen 3 was experiencing issues related to the zone lighting draining the battery. I captured the lights blinking off and on, the speakers making thumping sounds, and the multiple failure messages flashing on the information center screen. The minute I showed the video to the Ford service tech, he knew immediately what was causing the issue.

OP
OP
J

Josh321a

Reaction score
Want to thank everyone who came forward. Update. No one knows. They tried to reproduce it and couldn't. I took advice from this thread, thank you, and went down and drove with them. It didn't happen again. There's some thoughts of the gears binding together but they feel like they're helpless to do anything until it happens and I'm supposed to take a picture of the dash and video if possible when wheels lock. The good news is, if you can call it that, is that the car seems to be driving fine, atm, and that the locking happened at slow speeds.

swimtexan

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2018. The transfer switch is blinking the gear and my aux switches are blinking blue to amber in the off position.