Dealing with dust advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP. I live in a world of dust six months a year. During this time, I remove dust only when it really bugs me.

One note is to wipe down your seatbelts as well as the metal bar that the seat belt moves on.

The dust eventually coats both the belt and the bar, causing the belt to slow way down and sometimes fails to retract.

Believe it or not, the dust got into the retractor and both front seatbelts got replaced under warranty.

Since then I make it a point to wipe down the belts and the bar.

I live offgrid on very dusty roads. The occasional off-road trip will likely not have as much effect.

Try to keep the windows closed and cabin recirc air on.

Have fun!

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a Ryobi Turbo Blower and a mini detailing kit.
only takes me about 40 min preparation to capture an image.
Since I take 200-412 shots every time I’m out, that means 8 hrs on the Trail I only cover about 8.56 miles or W T F ever in kilos or something that y’all use up North ;) Time consuming but I capture some Beautiful “Clean” images :) :buffer::buffer::driver::happy175:View attachment 353671View attachment 353672View attachment 353673View attachment 353674View attachment 353675
I have always wondered how in the world your truck looks so clean on the trail, now I know!

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
I use a Ryobi Turbo Blower and a mini detailing kit.
only takes me about 40 min preparation to capture an image.
Since I take 200-412 shots every time I’m out, that means 8 hrs on the Trail I only cover about 8.56 miles or W T F ever in kilos or something that y’all use up North ;) Time consuming but I capture some Beautiful “Clean” images :) :buffer::buffer::driver::happy175:View attachment 353671View attachment 353672View attachment 353673View attachment 353674View attachment 353675
Damn... must be photoshopping these pics. Beat is way to clean to be off-roading!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Planning my first off road experience in my new (to me) :)Raptor and I was wondering, how often should I stop to dust off the truck. I have a main California Duster and a back up in case the first breaks or someone volunteers to help.
You should not go off road because your truck will get dusty. Driving through the landscaping to cut in line at Starsux doesn't count.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to start a new thread, but this one will do. Even though it deals with dust on the exterior.

I take my dogs hiking regularly. The dust and dirt from their bodies/paws gets everywhere inside. It's even worked its way into the radio volume knob which feels almost gritty when turning. I see a deposit of dust where the shifter meets the console. I can't image the amount of dust that gets inside everything when driving in the desert.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I was going to start a new thread, but this one will do. Even though it deals with dust on the exterior.

I take my dogs hiking regularly. The dust and dirt from their bodies/paws gets everywhere inside. It's even worked its way into the radio volume knob which feels almost gritty when turning. I see a deposit of dust where the shifter meets the console. I can't image the amount of dust that gets inside everything when driving in the desert.
It is unstoppable lol
Dust and sand in the cabin is a nonstop battle. Every time I detail 2X a month minimum, I used canned air on the controls of Everything, dash buttons, window buttons etc.
Sometimes after a particularly great adventure, I use the Lawn Blower to get the first layer out lol

It’s for sale though as a Pavement Princess if anyone is shopping!