GEN 2 Dealerships are useless anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
Had my 2017 Raptor in to investigate driveline noise in 4-awd mode. Was denied service due to "Performance Parts" concerns. Wheels are aftermarket, the rest are factory installed parts. "IE Fox Shocks" Case of Mechanics not being competent enough to do the job and made excuses. Funny since all of the 4wd F-150 share the same primary driveline. Of course Service manager was at lunch, @3pm.

LtmX519.jpg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Screen creaking? Is that what it sounds like? Try some 3 in 1 oil on the hinges. :) Sorry, I'm no help.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn’t know the shocks were factory? That is useless.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meh, the dealer I worked at for 25 years was huge turbo diesel dealer. Turbo diesels are huge businesses around here.

I was lead diesel tech for 18 years.

One day my boss come to me and said " Mr Smith is on vacation in Oregon and his truck is broken down" (Mr Smith being one of our best customers).
"Mr Smith is asking if you would talk to the tech in Oregon and help him out"

I got on the phone talked to the tech and within 10 seconds knew he didn't know what the F he was doing. Talked to him, he had 20 years Ford experience and this was the first diesel he had ever seen.

Talked to him a little bit after helping him and he said that the dealer he worked for had not sold a diesel in 20 years, the one I worked for was selling 150 a month.

You know what you know. The dealers send the techs to Ford provided training for the vehicles and systems relevant to their demographic.

If the dealer did not know the shocks were stock you need to find an new dealer.

It isn't some detrimental BS thing regarding the dealer. You don't go to a eye doctor for stomach cancer.