Dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, is by the far, the most knowledgeable dealer with the Raptor. They sell the most Raptors so they service the most Raptors. That's where I bought my Raptor, and where it goes for service. My Raptor is actually there right now. Has been for a week. Engine and transmission issues. It's due to be there for another week. See Tim in service dept. He's the best !

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dealership in the southern California area that actually services or is familiar with our trucks? My local dealership hasn't serviced many Raptors and I have had bad experiences with them in the past. I'm in Torrance, CA and was thinking of Galpin Ford or Ken Grody. My truck has had a rattle on cold starts for the past two months and does not happen every morning. I'm thinking it could be the cam phasers but not sure. I'd post a video but I cannot figure out how to do it. I believe the video is too large to post. Thank you guys.
Buena Park CA. Ken Groudy, Raul Rodriguez service . Been going there seven years getting great service on my raptors

OP
OP
SKS

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, is by the far, the most knowledgeable dealer with the Raptor. They sell the most Raptors so they service the most Raptors. That's where I bought my Raptor, and where it goes for service. My Raptor is actually there right now. Has been for a week. Engine and transmission issues. It's due to be there for another week. See Tim in service dept. He's the best !

Buena Park CA. Ken Groudy, Raul Rodriguez service . Been going there seven years getting great service on my raptors

Right on. Thank you guys.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good. The only mods I have that aren't technically legal, is my oil catch can and I unplugged my BOV and plugged the return line so I hear the blow off.
What mods do you have ?

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ned Shortsleeve at Theodore Robbins in Costa Mesa. Mod friendly, no red flags, and they have 2 techs that own raptors, which are extremely modded. they treat you right.

fjbkfj

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dealership in the southern California area that actually services or is familiar with our trucks? My local dealership hasn't serviced many Raptors and I have had bad experiences with them in the past. I'm in Torrance, CA and was thinking of Galpin Ford or Ken Grody. My truck has had a rattle on cold starts for the past two months and does not happen every morning. I'm thinking it could be the cam phasers but not sure. I'd post a video but I cannot figure out how to do it. I believe the video is too large to post. Thank you guys.

The rattle is not normal. My 2018 raptor had the same problem, and ford fixed it. Also, my car had a cam phaser issue twice. Please go to ford and get it taken care of because if not, then they will argue that you didn't do anything about it at first and that you prolonged the issue. Then trying to argue with them can be a bitch, and annoying. I'm in San Diego, CA and the dealers here are also mediocre at best.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far so good. The only mods I have that aren't technically legal, is my oil catch can and I unplugged my BOV and plugged the return line so I hear the blow off.
What mods do you have ?

Whipple IC and CAI
JDM tune
Forscan coding

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the ROUSH CAI, which is 50 state legal. I'm planning on upgrading to the Whipple Stage One kit which is also 50 state legal. I'll probably just do the tuner from whipple since I already have the CAI from Roush, and I think I'll do the ADD intercooler upgrade instead of the one from Whipple just so I have the flexibility to add a winch or go baja bumpers. The ADD cooler is also 50 state legal.

Not sure about the JDM tune or the Forscan in California.