Dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dealership in the southern California area that actually services or is familiar with our trucks? My local dealership hasn't serviced many Raptors and I have had bad experiences with them in the past. I'm in Torrance, CA and was thinking of Galpin Ford or Ken Grody. My truck has had a rattle on cold starts for the past two months and does not happen every morning. I'm thinking it could be the cam phasers but not sure. I'd post a video but I cannot figure out how to do it. I believe the video is too large to post. Thank you guys.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a little "rattle" is normal. especially when the truck sits 24-48 hours.

A 12 hour sit, may not make any sound as all the oil has not drained back to the pan yet.

Again, a little rattle is normal. If you have a cam phazer issue, you will know it.

cochvswild

Reaction score
The South Bay Ford is absolutely clueless with Raptors. I drove past with a question about the AUX wiring one time and their lead mechanic thought my switches were an aftermarket install! The AN Torrance dealership actually isn't that bad. I've had a few very minor issues repaired under warranty with both and Torrance at least seems knowledgeable when discussing specific issues.

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dealership in the southern California area that actually services or is familiar with our trucks? My local dealership hasn't serviced many Raptors and I have had bad experiences with them in the past. I'm in Torrance, CA and was thinking of Galpin Ford or Ken Grody. My truck has had a rattle on cold starts for the past two months and does not happen every morning. I'm thinking it could be the cam phasers but not sure. I'd post a video but I cannot figure out how to do it. I believe the video is too large to post. Thank you guys.

I have had luck with Villa Ford in Tustin/Orange

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken Grody has an SVT/Ford Performance guy. They install Whipple kits, etc. I haven’t used them yet but I’m sure they are familiar with Raptors.

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow a Ford dealer that cant handle F150s? Thats crazy, our trucks arent anything they havent seen before, the 6.2, 5.4, and 3.5 EB are all well known engines to ford techs. If i hsd a dealer tell me my switches were aftermarket i wouldve ran outta there.