Dealership wants 5k deposit for 2022's and says orders can't be placed yet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 22 2 weeks ago, no deposit. Got my order confirmation email from Ford yesterday.

OP
OP
C

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a dealership in Montana where I still have family. I live in Southern California, I tried 5 dealerships here, one of which I have a long history with, and they laughed at me and said good luck finding one for anything less than 30k over msrp. That made me so upset I vowed I would drive wherever it took to give a nongreedy dealership my money lol.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a dealership in Montana where I still have family. I live in Southern California, I tried 5 dealerships here, one of which I have a long history with, and they laughed at me and said good luck finding one for anything less than 30k over msrp. That made me so upset I vowed I would drive wherever it took to give a nongreedy dealership my money lol.
You'll get one, just be patient, lots of patience, these are weird times. Just keep calling around, but there are so many still waiting for their '21s to get built.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
I ordered last week with a 1k deposit and received email confirmation 45 minutes after ordering. I think dealers are now required to collect a deposit and a copy of your license to place a retail order on your behalf. Must be left up to the dealer how much that deposit is?

Ulises

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but how do the allocations work? Each dealer gets a certain amount of allocations for how many vehicles they sell? Or just favoritism? Does everyone get the same amount of allocations? Please edumacate me

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but how do the allocations work? Each dealer gets a certain amount of allocations for how many vehicles they sell? Or just favoritism? Does everyone get the same amount of allocations? Please edumacate me

BlacknTan

Reaction score
I think it basically comes down to each dealers sales volume for that vehicle; but yes, they‘re allocated a certain number for each type of vehicle. As long as there’s production capacity, they’ll get additional vehicles (that’s how they can increase sales volume and allocation year over year). With specialty vehicles it’s tougher because of demand and the limited number produced. Add to that the current shortages and it gets uglier. I’ve read that dealers can trade allocation between each other to boost the number, but I’ve no idea if thats true.

nin9r

Reaction score
I have mine on order, with an allocation, for MSRP with $1k deposit, refundable. Dealer up the road told me they would give me an allocation for $3k over MSRP with no deposit just a couple weeks ago. Just about looking around. I'm in northern Wisconsin.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered with an allocation for MSRP in WI, back in the first week of October. $500 down
If they say they’re waiting on allocations. They’re out of allocations.