Dealership wants 5k deposit for 2022's and says orders can't be placed yet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kique_02

Reaction score
Tomball Ford in Texas is where I put my name down on a non-37 performance package list for msrp. Call and get ahold of Jorge Lopez, he helped me out. You have to put $4,000 down as a deposit at the time you send your order list in, which will likely be June or July is what I was told. They do not have any allocations at this time but expect to have them by then. The only catch is in order to get it for msrp you have to agree to a 5yr 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty for $4495. Other than that Jorge will be selling them all at msrp. He explained the people on the current list will likely not take delivery until October or November of next year though. Oh also, he explained they have 25 allocations for the non-37 and I was 19th on the list.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tomball Ford in Texas is where I put my name down on a non-37 performance package list for msrp. Call and get ahold of Jorge Lopez, he helped me out. You have to put $4,000 down as a deposit at the time you send your order list in, which will likely be June or July is what I was told. They do not have any allocations at this time but expect to have them by then. The only catch is in order to get it for msrp you have to agree to a 5yr 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty for $4495. Other than that Jorge will be selling them all at msrp. He explained the people on the current list will likely not take delivery until October or November of next year though. Oh also, he explained they have 25 allocations for the non-37 and I was 19th on the list.
Seriously? what a joke.. You do realize they are basically scamming you into ADM right? Guarantee they do not have that many allocations. You can also get that warranty from floodford for 1/4 the price. They've been mentioned on here before for scamming people into markups

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously? what a joke.. You do realize they are basically scamming you into ADM right? Guarantee they do not have that many allocations. You can also get that warranty from floodford for 1/4 the price. They've been mentioned on here before for scamming people into markups
Exactly. That 5k warranty is the ADM. Sure its cheaper than most ADMs weve seen but its certainly not "msrp" lol

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Jorge a couple of months ago as well, they also require that you finance through them at much higher rates than someone with good credit would want to pay, and you are contractually obligated not to refinance for at least 6 months! It’s a real thing in Texas …smh so yeah, MSRP is nothing but a facade…they get their ADM in other ways.

Last edited:

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you know the dealer no one is walking out the door with a 22 with out a mark up price around 5k or more depending what state you live in.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put down 1k deposit. I also feel if no deposit, you are not really in line. Make sure the deposit is refundable, as there are some dealers out there asking for non-refundable deposit. That is total scam. Once my order has a build date supposedly sometime Dec /Jan, then I'll get a VIN and know that its moved further down the hopper. I paying $5k ADM, i called a bunch of places, many over $10k, and those at MSRP, already had too many aheed of me on wait list. I put my name down on some of these lists too, but not likely will come until Summer if I'm lucky, and that assumes people ahead of me drop out - also not likely.

Second a note about MSRP deal from Jorge, i was almost going to take the deal but was told Summer, again didn't want to wait that long. The stipulations are financing thru them for at least 6 months. This way they get their commission on backend, and its huge..... The warranty thing, I've typically bought those for vehicles in past, and most will refund you pro-rated amount when you sell vehicle or transfer to new owner which you can charge for. That said, most warranties apply to stock components and condition, and not sure if they would replace something from off-road mishap. Since I was going to mod the truck, this would most likely not benefit me. Another reason i did not opt for Jorge's deal. My guesstimate is they will make about $10k on backend, but unlike straight 10k ADM upfront, your at least getting something out of it, the ext warranty.

Attachments

• 2022-Order.jpg
    2022-Order.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir