Dealership wants 5k deposit for 2022's and says orders can't be placed yet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
Put a 5K deposit down ( could of done any amount I wanted ) on a 2022 a couple days ago. Dealer says order is confirmed as they are handling it for me since they are 8hrs away. Do an update when I find out more in a bit. I'm in BC, Canada.

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a deposit already down for an allocation for the Raptor R when it releases and they just wanted $500 to hold a spot in line for their dealership allocation.

M60gunr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying (desperately) to find a dealership to place an order for a MY22 raptor for a decent price, and I found one that says they want a 5k deposit. The deposit feels high but I don't mind too much except they are saying orders can't be placed through ford yet. Based on my research here that doesn't sound entirely true. Am I missing something here? Am I being lied to?
I call BS on that. My order was placed on Nov. 11th and received an E-mail confirmation from Ford the same day. Maybe is what they mean to say is that they do not have any allocations yet.

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone has there own story. When I bought my first one a 2017 I went to the closest dealer and he had one slot left. I was waiting for the other foot to drop as to how much over, his reply was we don’t play those games strictly MSRP. A month or so ago he called me and said they had one slot left if I wanted it. The same deal as before MSRP With $1000 deposit. Ford now sends you a confirmation along with what dealer it was ordered from.
It’s a shame there are so many crooked dealers out there.
and the new one is a 22MY.
Good luck to everyone

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why Ford gives these dealers the ability to screw folks with their ADMIN rates. Went to a local dealer today to inquire if they have allocations. He says yes and I said great, I am ready to order today. This will be MSRP, right? Dealer - "Well, we wont be able to guarantee the price until it is delivered but we will need a $5K deposit to order" I said so what is your GUESS what the price will be when it arrives? He says, well AT LEAST $25K over MSRP.
I looked at the sales manager that was listening in, have you actually found someone stupid enough to do this? His response was "if you want it bad enough you will have to pay it". I looked at them both and said well I guess I dont want it bad enough and walked out.
This morning I am getting a hair cut and telling this story and the lady that was cutting my hair started to laugh and said one of the higher ups from that dealer that gets his hair cut there was bragging on how profits are soaring and laughed how people were stupid enough to pretty much pay any number he put in front of them. They will NEVER get a penny of my money seeing how they operate. Disgusting.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying (desperately) to find a dealership to place an order for a MY22 raptor for a decent price, and I found one that says they want a 5k deposit. The deposit feels high but I don't mind too much except they are saying orders can't be placed through ford yet. Based on my research here that doesn't sound entirely true. Am I missing something here? Am I being lied to?
They may not have allocation from ford. The 5000 is to make sure you are serious. So many people flake and money is the only glue. Too bad there are so many bad buyers that dealers need to do that.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why Ford gives these dealers the ability to screw folks with their ADMIN rates. Went to a local dealer today to inquire if they have allocations. He says yes and I said great, I am ready to order today. This will be MSRP, right? Dealer - "Well, we wont be able to guarantee the price until it is delivered but we will need a $5K deposit to order" I said so what is your GUESS what the price will be when it arrives? He says, well AT LEAST $25K over MSRP.
I looked at the sales manager that was listening in, have you actually found someone stupid enough to do this? His response was "if you want it bad enough you will have to pay it". I looked at them both and said well I guess I dont want it bad enough and walked out.
This morning I am getting a hair cut and telling this story and the lady that was cutting my hair started to laugh and said one of the higher ups from that dealer that gets his hair cut there was bragging on how profits are soaring and laughed how people were stupid enough to pretty much pay any number he put in front of them. They will NEVER get a penny of my money seeing how they operate. Disgusting.
Msrp stands for manufacturers suggested price which does not mean that is the sale price. Raptors have always sold at a premium.

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed my 22 order last month and gave $1000 deposit and it’s with all the xtras , I’m also marked up 7,500 over sticker but I do have an allocation with dealer and Ford on production, my dealer is getting only 1 for the entire year. I wouldn’t put 5k down unless it’s allocated and it’s refundable and they don’t hit you to hard with that over sticker price.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I placed my 22 order last month and gave $1000 deposit and it’s with all the xtras , I’m also marked up 7,500 over sticker but I do have an allocation with dealer and Ford on production, my dealer is getting only 1 for the entire year. I wouldn’t put 5k down unless it’s allocated and it’s refundable and they don’t hit you to hard with that over sticker price.
$7,500 isn't to hard? You loose all that money as soon as you walk out the door. Anything over is a scam

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Msrp stands for manufacturers suggested price which does not mean that is the sale price. Raptors have always sold at a premium.
Not in 2019 and 20. A lot of people were getting invoice or close too it. I had 2 invoice offers from local dealers just before Covid with little negotiation. For the first buyers of the Gen3 I could see paying a small premium if Ford could actually deliver the vehicle without having to wait an eternity.