Dealership wants 5k deposit for 2022's and says orders can't be placed yet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying (desperately) to find a dealership to place an order for a MY22 raptor for a decent price, and I found one that says they want a 5k deposit. The deposit feels high but I don't mind too much except they are saying orders can't be placed through ford yet. Based on my research here that doesn't sound entirely true. Am I missing something here? Am I being lied to?

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be lying. Also maybe they meant THEY couldn't place an order yet for you since they have no allocation at this time?

koyojo

Reaction score
Eh my first 2019 required a 5k deposit, mainly because I wanted a weird configuration, basically a loaded 800A lol. They said that it would be harder for them to offload if I backed out. That dealer was also selling it to me at invoice so like 5k under MSRP, so I had no issues with it. My 2021 they did a 1k deposit that was refundable, took about 1-2wks for my order to actually go out.

I think the real issue here is does the dealer have an allocation or not. If it does great the order will be pushed through quickly, assuming they finally closed 21.

OP
OP
C

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol ugh. I appreciate the humor, going to need all I can get to make it through this nightmare of an ordeal. I've wanted a raptor since I first saw a GEN1 at one of my construction sites 10 years ago, I can wait if needed.

I called the dealership again and talked to another lady who seemed a bit more upfront. According to her they do not have any allocations from ford yet, but based on last year they could get about 4. Oh yeah and there are 4 people with deposits ahead of me in line. Can I get a vote for worst first post of the year? I'm usually better than this.