Dealership Can’t Duplicate The Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spider

Reaction score
I have a 2014 SCREW. It has 180,000 miles and no problems until recently. I’m driving down Interstate at 75 mph. The Cruise Control is set. Suddenly the cruise disengages, speed drops, speedometer goes to 0 mph. A wrench is displayed momentarily in the DIC. I cost to the shoulder and stop. The vehicle continued to run. The Airbag light was illuminated and the Odometer and trip mileages were all dashes. I turned the vehicle off, waited a few seconds and restarted the vehicle. The mileages returned. The airbag light was off and no check engine light was displayed. Everything was back to normal. This has happened two times in 150 miles. I took it to the dealership and they cannot recreate the problem. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Spider

Spider

Reaction score
I will look at the links you shared. It’s back at the dealership now. When I took it in after the first episode they found no codes. Thnx for the input

OP
OP
Spider

Spider

Reaction score
The first time it happened, my wife was driving it and it kinda freaked her out but, she said it felt like the breaks applied when it happened. I’m thinking now after hearing all of this that maybe it did downshift on her. When it happened to me today it did not. I just coasted to the shoulder and came to a stop. I stopped and the truck was running all dashes instead of miles and the Airbag light was on.
Thanx for the reply

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine would stay between 3rd and 5th. if i was in 6th it would downshift to 5th. when i came to a stop it eventually down shift to 3rd but no lower. and if it happened around town, i would be in 5th gear at a stop light. it was very slow going..... sometimes it would clunk back into the right gear and be ok, but most times i would have to shut off the truck to reset. and a lot of times would have to try it 3 or 4 times for it to finally work right

OP
OP
Spider

Spider

Reaction score
Hmm, that sucks
I turned mine off then on and it was fine. Didn’t do any of the gear shifting stuff to me. Maybe my wife. I just hope it threw some sort of code so they can figure it out at the dealership. I’m just about to sell the truck

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 SCREW. It has 180,000 miles and no problems until recently. I’m driving down Interstate at 75 mph. The Cruise Control is set. Suddenly the cruise disengages, speed drops, speedometer goes to 0 mph. A wrench is displayed momentarily in the DIC. I cost to the shoulder and stop. The vehicle continued to run. The Airbag light was illuminated and the Odometer and trip mileages were all dashes. I turned the vehicle off, waited a few seconds and restarted the vehicle. The mileages returned. The airbag light was off and no check engine light was displayed. Everything was back to normal. This has happened two times in 150 miles. I took it to the dealership and they cannot recreate the problem. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation?

In answer to your question...YES...its happened to me,BUT..in the opposite direction...my speed INCREASED....and sorry to say,I cant tell you what showed on the dash...was too freaked getting it stopped to look..LOL..
Had my cruise set at around 70,got off highway to,of course gas it up.....I didnt shut the cruise off,but it disengaged as it should and I pull into the station and all of a sudden the truck is accelerating right before I pull up to pumps...Jammed on brakes,left a little rubber,and sure everyone thought I was showing off my "baby"..LOL... This happened a few weeks ago and to be honest,have NOT tried to duplicate it YET....gotta try it in a field and not when pulling up to gas pumps...!