Dealers Selling at MSRP Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As

As a newcomer to the ford brand (a raptor would be my first ford) I’m very turned off by how these dealers operate. And the fact Ford let’s it happen tells us all we have to know. And I’m not buying the Covid excuse, because like another poster said, they did the same thing for the Gen 2 launch. Hell Toyota is finally redesigning the tundra after 50 years and all their dealers are MSRP. What’s that tell ya?

And no the Raptor isn’t a ‘specialty’ vehicle so don’t give me that crap! Lol
Toyota plays the low inventory game on trd trucks.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you that it is a turn off...I think it is compounded by covid but still happened with gen 2....the raptor is a special vehicle but produced in fairly large numbers.

either way it makes these slimy dealers look even more slimy, I don't know that it really means ford is bad because it is out of their hands....just short sited of the dealers that sour our opinions of them.

I will say this that ford dealers typically heavily discount trucks (my last platinum was 11k under msrp) whereas the Toyota Tacoma that I bought new in 2016 I had an eye opening experience because most Toyota dealers would not sell me what I wanted to order but I finally found one for msrp that would take my order and when it came in he had added other items to it
All fair points!

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet, here you are spending an enormous amount of time emailing and calling dozens of dealers trying to get one. You don't see the hypocrisy in you stating that it is not that special? Maybe you should go buy a $65k truck and throw some Fox shocks on it and see if it is the same thing.
Bought my 2019 for $8500 off, bought my 2020 for $8500 off... it isn't special, its just new and supply is low. Once supply catches up the discounts in 2019 and 2020 will return. If you can afford to pay an ADM then by all means do it, but spending a few days or even a week to find a dealer selling at MSRP makes sense to me. If I have to drive 2000 miles to save $15k, I am doing it.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2019 for $8500 off, bought my 2020 for $8500 off... it isn't special, its just new and supply is low. Once supply catches up the discounts in 2019 and 2020 will return. If you can afford to pay an ADM then by all means do it, but spending a few days or even a week to find a dealer selling at MSRP makes sense to me. If I have to drive 2000 miles to save $15k, I am doing it.
Know the process well. This will be my 6th Raptor, all at invoice. I shared my dealer info with 4wheelnaz I think. Had about 30 DMs requesting info and I think I answered them all. But yes, it is limited production however you want to describe it, even on a non-covid year.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Know the process well. This will be my 6th Raptor, all at invoice. I shared my dealer info with 4wheelnaz I think. Had about 30 DMs requesting info and I think I answered them all. But yes, it is limited production however you want to describe it, even on a non-covid year.
Should have hooked up this CentralTXRaptor1

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 18 6k off. Ordering my 2022 and getting 5k off same dealer. 800 mile drive but worth it.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have a hell of a relationship for the dealer to sell you a red hot Raptor at $5k under MSRP. Congrats!

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember how cocky these MFers were in 2007 and then when they tried to sell and rebate me $13k on a Hemi Dodge Ram not more than 20 months later. This was a truck that stickered for $29k at the time. Things can change fast, this won't last forever. That attitude will come back and smack you sooner or later.