Dealers and Warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My SA at Motor City told me my backup camera was in stock when I dropped it off for the recall. Late afternoon, oops, sorry, not in stock. That was a much better experience than I had at Chapel Hills. That SA seemed to view lying as entertainment and I got lots of extra unnecessary ones for free. The necessary ones were those that allowed the SA to avoid doing any actual work. I get free oil changes from Ford and I do them myself. I feel cleaner when I’m done than I do walking out of Phil Long. Hit me with a pm if you want the name of the guy to avoid at Chapel Hills. He’s worth avoiding.

Details please. I am in that area quite a bit.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Details please. I am in that area quite a bit.

Raptor 99

Reaction score
A very good friend of mine is the fleet manager at Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. They are backed up 4 to 6 weeks on repairs, both warranty and non warranty. Can't get parts and when they order several of an item they usually only get about 25% of the order. His advice is to go to dealer and get your problem in the system so if you run past warranty the must honor the warranty repair.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird…just dropped off my truck for a couple of items to be fixed and they came back with three other items that they are fixing under warranty.

Granelli

Reaction score
Dealers are struggling with employees, parts, and a less patient clientele. They also seem to have given up a lot of professionalism as most industries seem to have. Keep calling around..I was able to find a small local dealer I had no idea even existed. My experience was exceptional, easy, and put my mind at ease.

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A very good friend of mine is the fleet manager at Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. They are backed up 4 to 6 weeks on repairs, both warranty and non warranty. Can't get parts and when they order several of an item they usually only get about 25% of the order. His advice is to go to dealer and get your problem in the system so if you run past warranty the must honor the warranty repair.
I know things are backed up, I work at a body shop. I'm just irked I can't get a call back from anyone. I got a service advisors email Friday night so I sent everything through. He doesn't work weekends so now I'm just waiting for a return email.